NEC 6750A troubles

hi all im new to cdfreaks and already i have a problem … i currently have a Samsung V25 laptop 1 yr old my old DVD/CDRW drive went wrong so decided to invest in a NEC 6750A DVD/RW the problem is its not recognised in BIOS…

the NEC 6750A is set to primary master and when i run nero info tool it reports my old drive (Teac) is primary master… if i boot with the old drive and then hot swap the two drives the NEC 6750A works fine and apears in windows and in Nero info tool…?

Any idea how i can get the NEC6750A to work from boot so i dont have to boot and swap drives everytime

thanks inadvance simon

Surely the NEC needs another firmware to work right.

how can i check to see what firmware im on now and which one i should be on?

You can check using Nero Infotool, Nero CD DVD Speed, Discinfo …

I just uploaded a new 6750 firmware to Dee’s and my site. 2.42 seems to have several updated strategies inside.

will that firmware work if u have your drive flashed in reverse ata? if not do u have any plans to release a way to change your drive back from slave to master ?

That’s not going to work. However it shouldn’t be too difficult to change this firmware from master to slave.

if not do u have any plans to release a way to change your drive back from slave to master ?

Changing a drive back from slave to master should be possible - even within Windows now - but the tool has not been thoroughly tested.

thanks for the quick reply liggy. this drive has been nothing but problems. i’ll be looking forward to any firmware updates you post. if you need a tester let me know ill be your lab rat hahah!

If you have an IDE adapter, you could indeed be a beta tester for my Windows based master/slave changer

im looking into ebay for that one…i used a usb external hd and a boot floppy to do my flashing to reverse ata

ill hit you up when i get one

also some information from another post on my problem

i have a s96j asus barebones lappy now my hd is on a sata connection…i did a reverse ata flash via dos and a usb hd with the files on it. the only thing my drive read correctly is burned media. any thoughts on what i can do to fix this. before i did the reverse ata flash it was not reading anything so i have a feeling im getting close. any help would be great!

edit: i have two ide controllers in this laptop now i belive my hd is on the first ide controller and my 6750 is on the secondary…just a lil more information to help you out

serial # - 62EC693C121

firmware - 2.P1

It should work as long as the drive is recognized by Binflash in Windows.

The 2.42 firmware converted to work on Reverse ATA drives has just been uploaded as “2.T2” following NEC’s naming for these firmwares.

im getting an error sumbiting checksum while using binflash to update my firmware

I’ve tried it too and it won’t let me flash after dumping. I get a window that says"Probably mixing up master and slave firmware. This will damage your drive or cause it to become inaccessible… It won’t let me continue. Nero Info tool shows the NEC 6750A as slave now. That’s with my Liteon 411 set as master…but not showing up in InfoTool.

it did and flashed flawlessly

I’ve tried it too and it won’t let me flash after dumping. I get a window that says"Probably mixing up master and slave firmware. This will damage your drive or cause it to become inaccessible… It won’t let me continue. Nero Info tool shows the NEC 6750A as slave now. That’s with my Liteon 411 set as master…but not showing up in InfoTool.

i looked at nero infotool mine is set to master on the secondary ide channel…

should i try the normal ata firmware instead

Looks like I forgot to update the checksums after patching :o
I’ll ask Dee to fix the files because I cannot upload anything while I’m at work. For the time being the links have been removed.

This error message means that the firmware you were trying to use does not match your drive.
Everyone who has a 2.P* firmware has to use slave firmwares, everyone else needs master firmwares. Soon the working 2.T* slave firmwares should be available too however.

good show…i’ll try again when dee fixes them see if this works

ide adaptor is coming liggy

This error message means that the firmware you were trying to use does not match your drive.
Everyone who has a 2.P* firmware has to use slave firmwares, everyone else needs master firmwares. Soon the working 2.T* slave firmwares should be available too however.[/QUOTE]

OK Liggy, thanks. I will wait for the slave firmwares. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Dee just fixed the 2.T2 firmwares :bow:

Liggy, any idea when the 2.P* firmware will available???