NEC 6650A Burn Speeds

vbimport

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with 1GB of DDR RAM and an NEC 6650A DVDRW drive. I am using Nero 7 Ultra Edition, and when I burn it starts out at 2x. It then increases to 2.9x around 20%, then to 4x around 50%, 6x at about 85% and then finally 8x to finish. I have tried several different brands of DVDRs and several different firmwares starting with the Dell stock 102C and all have this performance issue. Why is it doing this? How can I get it to start at 8x and burn the whole thing at 8x? Thank you in advance.

Dear
We are mobile phones wholesalers.We deals on all brands and models of mobile phones such as Nokia,Motorola,Samsung,Sony Ericsson,Sagem,Nextel,Sidekick II,Sprint,Apple ipods,laptop,Video Games and many more at very cheap prices.We are using this medium to look for buyers of mobile phones. Do kindly reply back if you are interested and as you do you will be glad you do, you can reach us through our email address.
Thank’s and God bless

Anita Willson

Nokia N90…US $170
Nokia N91…US $170
Nokia N92…US $200
Nokia N93…US $230
Sony Ericsson K500i-- US$180
Sony Ericsson K700i-- US$189
Sony Ericsson W800i-- us$210
Samsung SGH-X610-- US$140
Samsung SGH-Z105-- US$120
Motorola MPX200-- US$180
Motorola V3Razor-- US$150
Motorola V3Razor Gold D&G–US$200
Nextel i830-- US$115
Nextel i860-- US$125
Nextel i930-- US$140
PalmOne Tungsten C === $140
PalmOne Zire 31 === ==$65
palm Treo 650======$240
Xbox 360…$180
Playstation3$200
Apple 6 GB ipod mini green
m9807ll/a…US$64.00
New apple 60 GB video ipod…US$140.00
New apple 30 GB video ipod…US$120.00

Kindly get back to us with the phones of your choice and your full shiping address/phone number for processing of your order package upon payment verification online via western union data base and your package will get to your doorstep in 48hour(2working days) of shipment.

Name:Anita Willson
Address:23 Dockyard crescent
Email:mobiletradingltd@earthlink.net
Mobile Number:+2348020311123.
Thanks and God Bless You.
SERIOUS AND LEGIT BUYERS

Wtf?

well hello tothe forum.
in an answer to 6650 question , all laptop burners will do this.infact i bet that it doesent realy reach x8 in the end.I’ve been messing with laptops for quite a while & bilt a few & never seen one do a true X8. my two towers that i own will allways run faster.dont know the tech answers but i believe it has somthing to do with transfer rates & power consumtion to the burner.all my nec do excelent burns & play in all my home players. in nero cd speed(in my benq 1655) they usually get good to great scores & not many pifs or pof’s.
hope this helps, and i’ll agree with ya on whats above???WTF???

All slimline drives are slower, so the burner are too.

The speed pattern you see of slowly increasing speeds is true of all burners. Even on the fastest PCs with 16x burners the 16x speed will only ever be achieved towards the end of the burn.

An 8x burner will tend to start at 2x and increase in steps to eventually achieve 8x. A 16x burner will typically start at 4x or 6x & steadily increase to 16x.

So what you see is exactly the same as you’d see with any other burner, so normal.

thanks chief & tim
i"ve seen both of you go in depth on several threads. I liked your answer to this nice & easy & directy tothe point.without going to deep. :bow: :bow:
love to try & follow your direction.
thanks for chimming in!!
& thanks mods for keeping the threads free from bs!!