NEC 6500A: Is is possible to write CDR @ 4X?

NEC ND-6500A Slimline CD/DVDRW drive:
Original NEC Firmware: V 2.24

Is is possible to write a CDR @ 4X ?

The lowest rated CD Write speed is 8X, but I would really prefer to burn my audio CD’s @ 4X if possible :iagree:.

Thank you in advance!

I don’t think that burning at 4x is possible, most burners will have 8x as their slowest speed.

[QUOTE=vroom;2234485]I don’t think that burning at 4x is possible, most burners will have 8x as their slowest speed.[/QUOTE]

Thank you vroom!

I was hoping and didnt see any reference to this on the Liggy’s and Dee’s modified NEC and Optiarc firmwares webpage.

I guess I am stuck with the 8x with this drive.

Do you have any opinion on how well external USB DVD drives work when connected to notebooks? I inherited a good Plextor internal drive which can write at 4x, but no USB external case for it.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Dforionstar;2234746]Thank you vroom!

I was hoping and didnt see any reference to this on the Liggy’s and Dee’s modified NEC and Optiarc firmwares webpage.

I guess I am stuck with the 8x with this drive.

Do you have any opinion on how well external USB DVD drives work when connected to notebooks? I inherited a good Plextor internal drive which can write at 4x, but no USB external case for it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have one LG external drive and one benq in an external enclosure, both work fine on slow speeds, but i think that there is a dedicated thread on external enclosures, so you might want to have a look there for more info.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f143/

[QUOTE=vroom;2234767]I have one LG external drive and one benq in an external enclosure, both work fine on slow speeds, but i think that there is a dedicated thread on external enclosures, so you might want to have a look there for more info.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f143/[/QUOTE]

Thank you! The threads look huge. Is there anything specific to look for such that they will accommodate a 3.5 internal dvd drive?

I don’t know if you should look for something, but if you want you can start a new thread and ask your question there, that way more people will see, and also more experienced people in external cases will answer.

NP. Thanks anyway.