NEC 3550A problem..plz help

vbimport

hello everyone…i hav had NEC 3550a since past 10months…i have noticed this problem which is similar to the problems dicsussed in this forum…
i have been trying to read DVD-r of Moser baer brand…it wont read and will show a blank cd…i tried burning a cheap -r …and it burned perfectly and reads well 2…the burner works perfectly otherwise…
but this problem bugs me as the data that i have got from a friend is on Moser baer -r… and its quite imp…
can anyone help me…i tried changin firmware to 1.06…and still get the same msg…
plz can any1 help me…

The drive will only need to recognize a BLANK dvd. The explorer will change the disc icon to something named “cd-drive”, which is just a weird “feature”.

Just install a proper burning app like cdburnerxp or Nero to be able to burn to DVD.

thanx 4 reply dude…
im already using nero 6…
but the drive detects it as a blank cd even though there is data on -r…

Then uninstall ALL burning apps properly and restart, install ONE new.

dude…
d prob dsnt seem2 b in software…as i cant read sum dvd-r …forget burning…
but thanx 4 reply…i will try installin fresh copy and let u know…

Hey,

i have been trying to read DVD-r of Moser baer brand

Moser Crap, oops Baer are considered 3rd Class media. (Media ID: [B]MBI…[/B])

That might be your problem right there !

The explorer will change the disc icon to something named “cd-drive”, which is just a weird “feature”.

Well, that’s Microsoft for ya, mine does that too sometimes, but always burns a good DVD when he sees one :bigsmile:

My 2 cents…

thanx 4 d rep cougar ii…i think i hav learnt a lesson…btr 2 spend more…than repent…

May be the burn data on Moser Baer have not been finalized that wahy you can open the data and read it.

mayb…i just dunno…sum1 gave me those dvd’s and i needd them badly…so had 2 get them read from a friends dvd rom…
thanx anywyas

Glad alteast you find the way to read the disc.