Nec 3550A Problem Fixed

Anyways… I’ve read all the post’s here about the 3550A that I could see and … Well I just bought mine and when I first put it in it was v1.05 so I went to update first cause that’s what I usually do. It was burning good but kinda slow the first time 13min26sec for 16x Verbatim DVD+R. So I upgraded the firmware to v1.06… and that’s where I got scared… I updated it and then turned off PC like I’m sappose too. However, when I hit the power on button it started to start then just turned off… and so then I hit the PSU button off waited… turned it on and then PC booted up like normal. Everything seemed fine I put in same DVD+R and burnt and it burnt it in 7min17sec I was very happy with this. So I put in Verbatim 16x DVD-R and it started burning to test… and my pc shut off again… and I got scared again… so I did the samething as I did before hit the PSU button… waited… turned it on… hit power button on PC and BAM!! my PSU blew up… gotta love the smell of sulfur… (So you know it was a JPAC 500W) Anyways now I had to get a new PSU and hope everything was fine… anyways IT WASSS. However, I got a 300W in now… and it’s running slow as hell now… I checked my DMA setting and I changed it to DMA but now I’m getting the current transfer rate stuck on PIO like I see a few other people talking about… Anyways I’m thinking of doing the downgrade on my firmware to 1.04 like I saw someone else saying they did… ANYWWWAYYSS please tell me what you guy’s think I should do and whatever…

OK so that’s what happened to me before… I then asked about my IDE cable if that could be the problem… So I checked and they were both 80’s… So I then just switched the cable’s around and it still didn’t work… However, I then remembered that I was still using FW 1.06 orig… So, I changed it over to FW 1.04… and it was still taking forever to burn… Then I used Nero’s Info Tool and noticed that I had switched the cable’s back and it was stuck on PIO mode >_< for some reason one of them isn’t working so I unhooked my PC and changed the IDE cable’s back and ran a CD-DVD speed simulations AND TADA!!!.. It worked it test burnt a Verbatim DVD-R 16x in 6min42sec’s!!! I’m very pleased that I got this to work again… anyways heres a picture. xP … Oh, ya I forgot it was still doing the buffer jumping all over but I’m still glad I got it going fast.