NEC-3540A Failing to burn DL DVD+R

Hello all,

I’m new here so please be gentle :slight_smile:

I dont know if my problem has been discussed, but i could not find any relevant post.

My problem is that i’m not able to burn DL media… every time the process stops at around 70%. I’ve tried to burn raw data, iso’s, drag and drop…but nothing works
However, SL DVD and CDR media burns without any problems.

The media i use: RICOHJPN D00 (DVD+R DL 2.4x max)
Software: NERO 7.0.0.0
Drive 3540A 1.W7 (L&D’s)

So i don’t know if this is due to NERO, the firmware i use or due to Starforce (which i’ve completely removed recently)

So hopefully someone can help me out.

I appologise if this issue is handeled elsewhere, so i’m not bothered if this post gets deleted or moved

Regards, T

First, do the easy thing, which is update the Nero. I had a lot of bugs with that version

The most likely cause of your problems is the media. The only quality +R DL disks currently available are Verbatims.

Although some users have have good luck with your RICOHJPN D00 disks, others have not.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?dvdmediadvdridsearch=RICOHJPND00%20

Thanks! I will try that and post the results later

Cheers, T

Ricoh 2.4x +R DL discs are good, but don’t work on some drives. They work for example on LG and Plextor drives, but not on NEC drives.

Thanx for the link!

The media i use is Imation btw, and the videohelp link mentions that the burn reliability is mixed.

I just updated NERO to 7.0.8.2 and see if that makes any difference, otherwise i will try some other media.

Any suggestions what i can try? (I live in holland and don’t know if some media mentioned is available here)

Hi All,

Thanks for all the usefull advise… i’ve updated Nero to 7.0.8.2 and had no problems burning RICOHJPN D00 (Imation) since