Nec 3540 and the rest of the competition

vbimport

How does the Nec 3540 compare to the Nec 3520 both with modified firmwares?

How does the Nec 3540 compare to the Benq 1640, modified firmwares if available?

How does the Nec 3540 compare to the Liteon SOHW-1693, modified firmwares if available?

How does the Nec 3540 compare to the LG GSA-4163BK, modified firmwares if available?

Try to exclude the fastest speed they can handle as a pro or con, try to tell me more fairly about the quality of dvd burning and also cd burning. I already have a nec 3520 and a benq 1620, just want to know which drive to exchange for the nec 3520, that is if I should?

dja2k

P.S.
I changed a pioneer 109 for a benq 1620 a while back. By far the benq was better, damn I love it!

To ensure you get a more balanced opinion, i’ve moved the thread to the main Optical Drive forum.

I was favoring the NEC 3540, so thats why I posted it in the NEC Fourm. But Thanks Dee!

So I will surely go for Benq1640 - its solidburn can give nice surprises, though on -R media the speed can surprise you in a not so nice way… LG 4163 is a very good and fast writer but cannot do PiPo tests. Liteon 1693 is a big step forward in the liteon’s line but is has longer recognition+loading times (like LG) around 18s, longer burn times etc, and the NEC 3540… you know… it is almost equal to 3520 as you can see in these forums. I don’t know if you will feel the same but for today Benq seems a winner