Nec 3530a

vbimport

i’ve problems, need help!!!

my dvd recorder dont read dvd +rw , its too much!
i’ve tried a lot of firmwares but no one helps.
the recorder can read cds and some dvd-roms but no +rw . why?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818733

Without having much info to go on, I will ask if you have Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed on your PC?

:wink:

I Have a nec 3530a, but he don’t read or write dvd+rw discs?! Wich is the best firmware for this drive and which are the best dvds to write with this recorder?! :slight_smile:
I’ve tried a lot of firmwares from liggy and dee’s website, but it doesn’t work.
I write with nero 6.0 and alcohol120 but he don’t read the blank dvds!:eek:
The dvds are from Intenso and Medion…:frowning:

he can read cd’s and some dvd-roms but no dvd+rw! WHY?!

I have a dell dimension 8400 with WINDOWS XP Service Pack 3, for about 3 years he works fine…:sad:

I hope someone can help me, i dont believe that the drive is defect, because he can read cds and some dvds.

THX, kulpi

[I]Post moved from another thread. Please refrain from crossposting in future. Thanks
Michael[/I]

Hi,[QUOTE=kulpi;2480439]I Have a nec 3530a, but he don’t read or write dvd+rw discs?! Wich is the best firmware for this drive and which are the best dvds to write with this recorder?! :)[/quote]Quality media from Verbatim or discs made by Taiyo Yuden. This applies to all DVDRW drives.

I’ve tried a lot of firmwares from liggy and dee’s website, but it doesn’t work.
Then this is not a firmware related problem. Especially if all worked fine before, then this is a clear sign this is not a firmware issue.

I write with nero 6.0 and alcohol120 but he don’t read the blank dvds!:eek:
Nero 6.0 is ancient and perhaps buggy.

The dvds are from Intenso and Medion…:frowning:
Unreliable media.
he can read cd’s and some dvd-roms but no dvd+rw! WHY?!
Probably because of Alcohol. Read the documentation of that software how to fix this particular problem.

Michael

If you’re using Alcohol, a setting in the program could be the problem, as suggested by Michael.

Go into Alcohol’s Settings/Options, and find an option named “Ignore Media Type” - make sure this is not checked. :slight_smile:

okay, i have service pack 3 for win xp allready installed on my pc.

But the hotfix which will fix the problem dont works on sp3, its only for sp2!!! what should i do now?

Thank you for the advise to use verbatim, i think it helps!

i’ve deinstalled alcohol and deamon now and use nero 9.

My problem is still going on:

When I insert a DVD-RW disc into the DVD drive, Windows XP does not recognize the disc. I do not see any files on the disc.

I would have recommended altering certain settings in Alcohol and Daemon Tools, rather than uninstalling them, as they can leave bits of the software behind, and the problem will persist - perhaps use Google to find out if there is a way to make sure both programs are completely removed from your system. :slight_smile:

You didn’t mention that you had Daemon Tools as well (unless I overlooked it) - there is a similar setting in Daemon Tools that you could have changed, too: for future reference, you needed to uncheck the “Hide CD-R Media” option (or “Hide ATIP”).

i have reinstalled xp (sp2) !!! but it dont works with the hotfix… -.-

i hoped it would work!

Because after my last reinstalling of xp, i have installed sp3 at the beginning.

Now its all the same:

When I insert a DVD-RW disc into the DVD drive, Windows XP does not recognize the disc. I do not see any files on the disc.

but now my pc is faster than before xD!

okay in the inet i got the information very often, that it could be a malware on my pc. I’ ve scanned it with kaspersky and ad aware but nothing was found. then i tried the microsoft windows tool to search for malware but also nothing was found. my dvd drive was accepted by XP as a dvd-rw-drive, but it cannot read dvd rw anymore. Some other people have the same problems but no one can solve it. whats wrong with the drive, it is a problem of SP3 or it is a malware? should i make a cmos jumper reset ? which is the best program to locate malware and remove it? i cannot understand why no one can solve the problem. there are so many communities in the inet and so many peoples have same problems with other drives connected with IDE!

I have two DVD Drives, but no one can read dvd rw anymore. the first is a player from SONY (DDU1615) and the other a recorder (NEC_3530). Both are connected with a IDE cabel on the mainboard.

Please i need help, now i have reinstalled xp but nothing has changed.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/ahead_incd.cfm
Download this file and install…You’re going to hear a lot from people who don’t like it, but I have it installed and have never had a problem…

Try a different burning program. ImgBurn is free to use. Located here: www.imgburn.com

If the drives show up in ImgBurn, try a test burn. If it doesn’t work, post the burn log here in your thread. You can find the burn log by clicking on Help, then ImgBurn Logs.

Yo-

You have never said what brand +rw disc you are trying to write to-

This may be a case of an [B][I]over four year old [/I][/B]drives firmware not reading your current +rw media-eh!!

what do you mean with : brand +rw disc. For about 4 years i burned dvd+r, cd+rw and cd+r without any problems.
these dvds and cds are from tdk, RW and maxilim. what do u mean with : brand+rw ?

@kerry:

thank u for ur help with imgburn. But the drive do not accept my dvds (they are from medion and intenso). now i’m gonna buy some from intenso and will post my logfile in a few days.

thx

Noticing all the brands you mentioned, before buying a new drive, it might be worth trying some good quality discs, such as Verbatim.

Hey, it’s cheaper than buying a new drive if it helps. If Verbatim fail, then it probably is time for a new drive. :wink:

[QUOTE=kulpi;2481849]

thank u for ur help with imgburn. But the drive do not accept my dvds (they are from medion and intenso). now i’m gonna buy some from intenso and will post my logfile in a few days. [/QUOTE]As already mentioned in post #6 of this thread, these are unreliable (at best). Why wasting more money for junk? :confused:

Michael

okay today i bought a dvd-rw from verbatim and tried to burn with imgburn.

The program sais that the device is not ready…

here is the log:

I 18:50:14 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!
I 18:50:14 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)
I 18:50:14 Total Physical Memory: 2.095.196 KB - Available: 1.634.936 KB
I 18:50:14 Initialising SPTI…
I 18:50:14 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 18:50:14 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW!

the drive is shown on the desktop as a “dvd-rw-drive” and in the program imgburn i can see _nec dvd_rw ND-3530a 1.V1 (ATA)

In the registry is no entry about ‘upper and lower filter’ and my bios is up to date.

What should i do now?