NEC 3520 cdr overburn?

vbimport

i am new at this forum and have a big problem with cdr overburn.
i have a problem with my nec 3520 / Firmware LD3520 1.U8 (Beta 8) that i can overburn a 700mb cdr with nero. with my older liteon it was possible that i overburn a 700mb cdr to near 760 mb.
please help me how i can overburn a 700mb cdr with my nec.
must i use a other modified firmware to overburn?

please help me :bow:

the nero version are 6.6.0.3

thanks a lot for all your answers :Z

the problem was nero. after the update 6.6.0.8 overburning was no problem :stuck_out_tongue:

So nobody helped you within 10 hours.

People on this forum are not obligated to help you, you know.

Your attitude doesn’t inspire anyone to help you in the future, so I suggest you stop mocking people for not helping you fast enough.

Feel free to hate me for pointing this out to you. :wink:

I found this thread thru a search and i’m also having CDR overburning problems.
My Nec 3520 only recognizes 702 MB, even when i insert a 100 minute CDR.
I had a look at custom firmwares, but i couldn’t find one that would enable me to overburn to 90 or even 100 minutes. Is the drive hardware limited?

[QUOTE=Burny456;2043004]I found this thread thru a search and i’m also having CDR overburning problems.
My Nec 3520 only recognizes 702 MB, even when i insert a 100 minute CDR.
I had a look at custom firmwares, but i couldn’t find one that would enable me to overburn to 90 or even 100 minutes. Is the drive hardware limited?[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, neither NEC or Optiarc drives support 100 minute burning, even on 100 minute CD-R media.

Thanks for the input.

However, today i did some more test and configuration of Nero 7.5 .
I succesfully burned 93.05 minutes of music on a 100 mins CDR. I listened to the cd and it works flawlessly, even the ending minutes.

But i should also tell you that i already had a custom firmware to enable me to do DVD+R bitsetting. Maybe that firmware also helped improve cdr overburning.
100 minutes might not be possible, but i’m satisfied with the 93.05 mins :slight_smile: