Nec 3500a help

i just downloaded the firmware 3500w216
when i unzip it i get exe files and i can’t execute them when i double click them in my windows explorer
help

why don’t use the search-feature??? damn idiot.

please close thread!!!

A mistake perhaps johanneshahn?
He’s also new on the forum :wink:

JLLA YOU MIGHT NEED TO GIVE SOME MORE INFO SO YOU CAN BE HELPED WITH YOUR PROBLEM!
AS YOU GET THE HANG OF THIS FORUM IN TIME YOU WILL LEARN AND HELP NEW ONES LEARN :iagree: ALSO.

sorry if i am an idiot
i am new at this
but what do u mean by search-feature

You are no idiot (although crossposting is definitely not nice, read the forum rules). Tell us what you want to do first. “3500w216” is most probably the same firmware your drive has already, stock 2.16 firmware. Why do you want to flash your drive with it?

He Means At The Right Side Of The Forum-there Is A Feature Worded Search—here You Can Type Words Like The Firmware You Are Looking For And It Will Find It In Forum If Its There!

well i flashed it with the MADDOG2FG
AND I DIDN’T SEE ANY IMPROVEMENTS ON RIPPING A DVD
SO I WANT TO FLASH IT BACK TO THE NEC 216

WELL PACKETLOSS IS RIGHT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD ORIGINAL FIRMWARE… THE NEW FIRMWARE WILL LET YOU REMOVE RIPLOCK . THIS YOU WILL NEED IN TIME. i HAVE FLASHED WITH HERRIES 2.17 AND IT IS EASY TO USE.
HOPE THIS STARTS U IN RIGHT TRACK :cool:

ALSO JLLA BEING NEW AT THIS --YOU MIGHT WANT TO BE CAREFUL WITH FIRMWARE GOING BACK AND FORTH—YOU COULD FRY YOUR DRIVE USELESS—ALWAYS FLASH WITH CARE :rolleyes:

Alright. You most probably can’t flash back to the original 2.16 firmware directly because of a limitation of the NEC flashing tool used for that “3500w216” file (it requires a correct NEC ID string). To flash back to the original 2.16 firmware, download Uniflash from

http://uniflash.cdfreaks.com/

and the .bin version of the original 2.16 firmware (3500ORIG.BIN) included in the “2.16 Binaries and Flasher” file from the TDB site:

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#ND3500A (“2.16 Binaries and Flasher” file, 3500_216.ZIP).

Now use Uniflash to flash back to the original 2.16 firmware directly. Make sure you unpack the “3500_216.ZIP” file first.

Thnx Mdies
I Have The Herries 2.17 But As Soon As I Execute The File It Doesn’t Recognize My Drive As An Nec

Thnx Guys You Are Outstanding
I Did Flash It Back
A Million Thanx

:wink:

sorry for being so uncomprehending :sad: