NEC 3500A dvd drive

vbimport

I just purchased this item from NewEgg.com and realized that I will only be receiving the drive itself and no hardware/cables/etc. My pc currently has a DVD drive and a CDRW drive. Can I just unplug one of these and install the NEC straight up? If not, what am I going to have to gt and where can I get it/them?

thanks

My NEC 3500 came from NewEgg and I just removed the CD-ROM and inserted the NEC drive. I used the same cables and screws and have not had any problem. My computer was fairly new, though.

Yes you should be able to replace 1 of the drives with the NEC.
Just make sure it is jumpered correctly. (same as the one you remove)

I have a Dell8250. Does the NEC come with any software or anything?

Also what do you exactly mean by this statement, “Just make sure it is jumpered correctly. (same as the one you remove)”

I have Alcohol 120% already, can I use this program for burning DVD’s or do I need Nero?

Sorry for me being such a Newbie.

Take a look here:wink:

When I get this installed, what do I need to do next? What is firmware and how do I go about getting it on my drive, and what should i get?

thanks

you can read up on firmware here

Thanks for the link. I just read it, and now I am more confused then ever. I am getting my 3500A on Wednesday and I am dredding doing the install and setup. Yikes.

thanks again

dvd burners can be a bit dawnting at first, but with time and reserch you should be ok the nec 3500 is probley the easyest one to setup. make sure you feed it quality media and you should be ok.

make sure you feed it quality media and you should be ok.

What do you mean by that?

dont buy cheep crap :) go for fuji, taiyo yuden, verbatim. sorry i cant be more discriptive its nearly 2.30 am here and iam of to bed.

so if you feed it crap media, it will hurt the drive?

No, but your crap media won’t perform well (if it performs at all).

I went with Liggy/Dee 3500 V2 Beta 3. Everything works just fine (for me).