I removed my NEC 3500 from my home built computer and installed it in a friends Dell and now it will not write the same Verbatim and Sony disks that I had been using. It starts to write and errors out with a bad media message, locks up and will not eject dvd without rebooting. I’m using CloneDvd to write and yes dma is on.( i bought a new spindle of Verbatim just to see and had no luck) Thanks for any help that you can give me.
It could be a driver conflict, it could be different software, or a host of other problems.
- Uninstall the cd/dvd devices in device manager.
- Uninstall the IDE devices in device manager.
- Make sure that your Hard drive and DVD burner are on seperate cables.
- Make sure that you don’t have Sonic DLA installed on the PC
- Make sure that after you reboot, that the DVD device is showing as in DMA or UDMA mode.
- If problem still persists, try replacing the IDE cable.
If none of those resolve the problem, post back here.