NEC 3500 Dual Layer Burning Help

so i recently just won a NEC 3500 dvd burner on ebay. i burned a DVD+R with the drive with no problem. but then i popped in a TDK DVD+R DL and it would inconsistently read the disc. when i would click on “my computer” it would just read that the F: drive had no disc in it. i then went onto dvdfab to burn a DVD9 file onto the TDK DL disc and the process would start, then 5 or 10 seconds into it, it fails. is there anything i should do? thanks in advance! :bigsmile:

Hope you didnt pay more that $5 for it, i still have one along with a 2500 i dont remember if it even played or burned DL media.

awww man, i actually payed $20 for it. i was a fool not to do my research first… any dependable external DVD dl drives you can recommend me?

That TDK DL is not reliable media.

[QUOTE=emceeGRENDEL;2009595]awww man, i actually payed $20 for it. i was a fool not to do my research first… any dependable external DVD dl drives you can recommend me?[/QUOTE] The 3500 does ok with Verbatim DL discs, doubt you’ll have much luck beyond those. You could try the latest firmware to be sure, 2.1B was the last I’m pretty certain. http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-3500A/