NEC 3500 and Reading problems

vbimport

Hi all
I have problems with reading some disks with 3500. I tried meny fw, but nth improved.
Many of them I can read with my old LiteOn 451 -> 851.
Does anybody knows any fw for nec 3500, which is best in reading media’s
Thanks all

What type of discs? I’m also having a problem with my 3500 not reading discs. These are Ritek R03s which were burned on a LG 4120.

Welcome to the forum fellers…
Hmm that’s odd, NEC 3500A works great for me at reading all types of discs (even crappy ones).
Are the discs not recognizeable or are you getting a failure in the middle of copying data to your harddrive?
Also @ bocko, please post the disc MID.

@Wesociesty

Discs were standard Princo 4x, if u need MID, I’ll send you later.
Usually, disc reading failure in the middle of copying data to your harddrive
but with one I had problems, almost reading it at all from the insertion, I could not even select that drive. That discs worked with no problem in standalone cheap dvd player
What fw are u using, and where can I DL
Thanks

The discs are recognized. The problem is on playback they freeze. Seems to happen later in the discs. About two thirds of the way through or more. I can hear the drive slow down. Totally locks up PowerDVD. On one of the Ritek R03s Nero CD/DVD Speed scandisc surface scan shows unreadable beyond 75 percent. I just tried another and get unreadable beyond 82 percent. These discs worked fine when played in a LG 4120.

Emm, I don’t think Princo has any standards. :stuck_out_tongue:
Very crappy media you have there…

I’m still running 2.FA from Mad Dog.
You can flash it using BinFlash if you desire…

@jnelm, have you tried a transfer rate test on those discs?
(Should go up to 16x if the disc has no problems).

It gives a read error.

That’s unfortunate, you may have low grade or faulty RITEKR03 discs.
Although, I have had excellent results with these discs on my 3500A using firmware 2.FA