Nec 3500 AG Can't burn DL DVD's

Don’t know if this makes a difference, but the program I am using to try and write to this disk is “DVD Shrink” which I use from “Ripit4me”. Settings on the program are to DL.

Also the “Drive Capabilities”:

** INFO : Drive = TDK DVDRW1616N - [FW 2.C8] - [ATAPI]
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD+R DVD+R-DL DVD+RW
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD-R DVD-RW
** INFO : Disc = [DVD+R-DL:RICOHJPN-D01-067]
** INFO : Reference Speed : 1x DVD = 1385 kBps
** INFO : An Writeable Disc Is Recommended For Accurate Results
** INFO : Write Speeds (Supported By This Drive On This Disc) Listed Below

** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
Descriptor #1 = 3324 kBps ( 2.40x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

** INFO : MODE SENSE Write Speed Descriptor(s) [Legacy Command]
** WARNING : MODE SENSE Is Obsolete And Not Always Properly Supported
Descriptor #1 = 8467 kBps ( 6.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 7056 kBps ( 5.09x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #3 = 5645 kBps ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #4 = 4234 kBps ( 3.06x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #5 = 2822 kBps ( 2.04x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #6 = 1411 kBps ( 1.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

I would use Imgburn and then burn the content at 2.4x on this media.

I think Imgburn worked! I haven’t watched the DVD, but it said it was successful and the DVD menu worked when I put it in my DVD player. Imgburn looks like a very good program too. Thank you all very much.

While I’m here: I notice Imgburn is from the same author as DVD Decrypter. Is there a way to connect Ripit4me with Imgburn? Or another program that will work with Imgburn as Ripit4me did with DVD Decrypter?

Just stay with Ripit4me & DVDDecrypter.

Hello sorry not speak so much english.

I have the same recorder NEC ND-3500AG but is part o a pc Fujitsu Siemens. My firmware version is 2.88 original.

My recorder can´t write on a Mediarange + DL at 2.4x. ¿i can solucionate this whith new firmware? ¿what is the last firmware oficial for fujitsu siemens and where can find it?

I try whith dvdfab platinum, shrink, nero 7, clone dvd, apollo dvd copy, plato dvdcopy, etc and only i can burn 2 DL mediarange of 30 or more intents. :sad:

And what firmware not official can use in this burner for burn this mediarange discs if the original firmware of fujitsu not can do this??

I will the most easy firmware to install please, only executing some .exe or something like this.

Advanced thanks

Buy Verbatim DL media, anything else is a waste of time & money. :iagree:

And only get the 2.4x +R variety.

But the mediarange are the same discs what verbatin, have the azo technology, the diference is only the price and the design of spindle ¿no? this discs are of the same manufacturer.

I was read a review of discs and the verbatin seys be medium bad quality, the best quality resuslts in this review was be for fujifilm, plextor, panasonic…
http://www.idg.es/pcworld/index.asp?link=estructura/i_articulo_centroArticulo.asp&IdArticulo=166659 (is in spanish). i don´t buy verbatin for this.

Really is impossible burn this discs mediarange with my nec, (¿and whith another burner like liteon 20a1L?) i have so many discs of this company and i will like to probe anything :frowning: the no oficial firmware the people say what are good for write DL,

Thanks again cdfreaks.

edit:

This is the compatibility list of the mediarange + R DL (select DL in the window for show the list)
http://www.mediarange.de/en/support/kompatibilitaetsliste/index.pmode

Verbatim is one of the safest bets in terms of quality and for DL media the [B]ONLY[/B] choice.

Sorry, i don´t know what verbatin is the most quality discs, in the future will buy this. Now i underestand why de mediarange price is 0.7 cent and verbatin 2.7

But why sale this disc mediarange if is impossible burn it??? :sad:

I supose what in the world someboy has can burn this mediarange, why this company sale this discs, if this discs not worcking correctly nobody buy it!! ¿no?

I dispose to probe anything, please help :frowning:

Apologyze for my bad english.

There is newer firmware than the version you have (2.88) but since your drive is a Fujitsu-Siemens OEM drive, you will lose any warranty you may have left on the drive if you flash non-Fujitsu firmware to the drive. The choice is yours.

If you decide to take the chance and lose warranty on your drive, I suggest getting Liggy’s 3500 bitsetting firmware 2.1b from here (orig, fast or RPC1 version). You’ll also need a firmware flashing tool such as binflash (Win32 GUI version).

The 2.1b firmware should support the Mediarange 2.4x DVD+R DL media, but it’s anybody’s guess whether the result will be acceptable. There’s a reason why Verbatim is more expensive and the only widely recommended DL media on CDFreaks.

Thanks DrageMester.

The warranty is no problem for mi, and i will dispose to buy another burner if be necessary for write this mediarange.

But now i will probe with this firmware. What version i have to donwload, orig, fast or RPC1?? i don´t know the diference.

If i update to this firmware 2.1b liggy´s can return in the future to my actual version 2.88 (or another diferent) or is will not be possible??

If i have a dude or question in the task of upgrade to the 2.1b liggy´s firmware, can ask in this forum for somebody hep me or this will have to do in the other diferente forum or page?

I find this on appears firmwares of nec nd 3500ag, i see the version 2.E9 New, meiby is the last version of OEM fujitsu or is another old version what my 2.88??
http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=23

Sorry again for my persistence whith this problem an thanks for ear my cdfreaks.

The “orig” firmware is the same as the original 2.1b firmware but with bitsetting added.

The “fast” firmware is the same but it removed the “rip-lock” of the drive, meaning that DVD Video discs are read faster which is good when you want to copy a DVD Video disc, but is annoying due to increased noise when you only want to play and watch a DVD Video.

The “RPC1” firmware is the same as “fast” but it also removes the region lock on the drive so that it can read DVD Video from any region.

Only you can choose which of these is the best for you. If you dont have any specific preference, I suggest the “orig” version.

If i update to this firmware 2.1b liggy´s can return in the future to my actual version 2.88 (or another diferent) or is will not be possible??
Yes you can. You can even use binflash to make a backup (dump) of your curent firmware before flashing new firmware.

If i have a dude or question in the task of upgrade to the 2.1b liggy´s firmware, can ask in this forum for somebody hep me or this will have to do in the other diferente forum or page?
You can ask questions about the NEC ND-3500AG in this forum. If you have questions not related to burning DVD+R DL media, you should either find a relevant exisiting thread or create a new thread for your question.

I find this on appears firmwares of nec nd 3500ag, i see the version 2.E9 New, meiby is the last version of OEM fujitsu or is another old version what my 2.88??
http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=23
I don’t know the 2.E9 firmware, but I know that 2.1b is the latest (and possibly the last) firmware for this drive.

Hello,

Thanks DrageMester!! now my nec ND 3500AG can write on a mediarange DL discs :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I was instaled de orig. version of liggy´s 2.1B whith the aplication binflash and is very very simple do it.

I burn now 10 disc DL and all is ok, and i can see this discs in my dvd player. The video quality of my backups is the same of originals. now i can aprofit my 100 disc what was buy, ufff.

But only car burn whith de program nero 7, the dvdfab platinum not can. But nero is good in 30 minuts finish de task.

Thasks so much again :bow:

That’s great - you’re welcome!
I’m glad it worked out for you. :slight_smile:

Any chance of a quality scan youcould post then here?? :wink:

Is there any way to check if the 2.E9 firmware is newer than 2.1B?

There’s a tool NecDump which will allow you to compare the strategy versions inside the firmwares.

There’s another tool NECstrGUI that will perform a similar task.

This is probably not necessary in order to know if the 2.1B firmware is more recent, since the NEC firmware numbering convention indicates that 2.*B is newer than 2.*9 (the * indicates the various original or OEM variants of the firmware while the first and last digits indicate the firmware generation); there are some exceptions however.

2.1B is much more recent than e.g. 2.F9 (Mad Dog OEM) firmware.

You can also check on our site for firmware dates and strategy versions for each drive.
Here is the one for the ND-3500A
http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/stratinfo/en/2/0