NEC 3500 Ag and Ritek G05 blank dvd -r 8x

vbimport

Having a terrible time burning any *.iso files lately onto my NEC 3500ag using Ritek G05 DVD -r 8x, burn attempts at 4x.

Everything has been haywire for about one month when most burning software ceased to work with carious blank media.

The media I was using best (Yuden) is no longer available locally.

Can anyone suggest a software that will work for these blank dvd-r’s with the NEC?

Media is sold under Memorex brand but really are Ritek G05 according to DVD identifier?

Have NEC 3500 ag, 2.fd firmware.

Though NEC does not officially recommend Ritek for this model, my son bought me a gift of two 25 each tubs.

Have DVD decrypter, and Nero (latest) and DeepBurner freeware and nothing is burning poperly.

Burn crashes after five minutes into a fifteen minute burn with DeepBurn, and never gets going with either Nero or DVD Decrypter.

Please help.

Robert

NEC and Ritek is most times a no go combination.
If it burns then quality most times isn’t that good.
I would recommend looking for some genuine verbatim/Maxell (Last one made in Japan not taiwan or you get ritek) 8x media if you can’t get Taiyo Yuden.

I have an NEC3500a with Liggy’s 3.18 firmware and have had no problem with the Ridata branded ritek G05 silver - (non-printable). Are you using an external enclosure?

Part of the problem may be the 4x burn speed, use 8x.

just bought maxell with RitekG05, burnt with nec 3500A 2.TD without any problem. I also had a good experience with optodisk, burnt 100 discs last year – usually used all space up, until now none of them has any problem with reading. And also a very good impression on Verbatim(MCCxxxG20x), even though it doesn’t work when my 3500A resides in a usb external box(3500A driver doesn’t support writing on the usb address).

Also I do have an external NEC ND 3500 AG, USB 2.0. See my signature.

NEC worked great with Taiyo Yuden but I can not get them any more on this remote Mediterranean island.

Robert in Gozo

Wil try burn at 8x, and shifting to 2.TD, yes have an external enclosure,

must seek out libby 3.18 FW. can you advise where i can get it?

Thanks ,
Robert in Gozo

Wil try burn at 8x, and shifting to 2.TD, yes have an external enclosure,

must seek out libby 3.18 FW. can you advise where i can get it?

Thanks ,
Robert in Gozo

When my NEC3500a was housed in an external USB2 enclosure, it burned DVD+r, but had produced lots of coasters with DVD-r. I intalled the 3500A in the PC via IDE cable, and no more problems. The strange thing was DVD+R worked just fine in the USB.

I didn’t realize back then drivers were likely the issue.

Maybe I will try your solution. I did burn a few +R dvd’s and mostly have burned -R’s. I have a notebook so internal installation is out of the question.

However, NEC definitely says certain blank media is prefered over other blank dvd media.

http://www.de.nec.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/557

And Taiyo Yuden did burn fine…

Thanks, for your input,
Robert

Yipee!!!

Installed 2.TD firmware…

Just made two good burns from ISO to ritek G05 dvd -r blanks.

Will start new thread if a problem occurs.