hi all, i tried looking around the forum but didn't find something exact the same as my problem, so thought i should start a new post... any help is appreciated!
i got a 2510A last year and it has been burning in very slow speed since then... i thought it was due to my 1.0ghz duron and old system so didn't pay attention. now that i've upgraded my system to amd xp 2800 and dual chan 1gb ram, the same problem still exists...
basically i'm running this drive through an Ultra133 IDE controller card... and using nero i could choose to burn at 8x (which is the max burn speed for 2510A) and the nero will start burning with count down clock saying 8 min left... however after 8 min i'm only 20% done burning, and it takes me 40 minutes to burn a 8x disc even though nero is claiming that my drive is burning at 8x... the burning quality is good, but just really slow
dma is enabled... i'm not sure if this is a firmware thing, or ide controller card thing, or any other stuff... thank you guys