NEC 2510A burning bad copies?

Hi All,

Bit of a noob here lol, anyways, this problems been here a while, this drive cannot read burnt DVDs in it correctly burned with the actual drive lol! I bought this on EBay and it has the firmware modified so it can burn dual layered discs apparently, havnt tried it yet so no comment (DL Burning).
I thought it was the media I was using Infiniti 8x media got 100 of em and it was really hit and miss in burning, all burns play 100% fin on my tv dvd player (3 or 4 of them actually) but on my pc, if I open them in DVd Decrypter as a test, usually I I/O error right away.
I bought a couple of apprently brilliant discs “DataWrite 8x dvds”, Prodisc R03 or somethin (See pic bellow) and it is nothing but CRC errors on my burns (I copied a game to test the installer how it would read to a dvd and the installer shows a cannot copy file error), I also copied the UK version of lock stock DVD~ plays fine on standard dvd player, freezes at chapters 20, 21, 22 on both my pc drives. I decided to get a LiteOn combo drive DVD reader/CD RW etc… to read my dvds as this stupid NEC thing doesnt seem capable, but the liteon struggles to read its burns to (I/O errors lol)
I’ve posted screens of Nero info tool and DVD Identifier on this new media to see if anybody could help, I’m pritty sure the drives jumpers are in right (Well I used the same setting as the drives there before it :wink: )

Is this drive just lame or is it a firmware problem, both my infiniti & Datawrite strugle reading, the liteon drive had better success with the infiniti im sure, and apprently the infiniti discs use a poor enough dye, Im really confused lol, appreciate any help, if the solution is “Get a new drive” ill have to wait a while as I’m doing exams soon :stuck_out_tongue: I’d prefare if firmware could be updated somehow :wink:

Cheers,

Nick :slight_smile:

what speed are you burning them at? try 4x if your burning them at 8x.

Also, Ala42 has MCSE, that will allow you to edit the firmware and swap out the writing strategy for that media for one that is better!

Goto Liggy and Dee web site, and get the latest patched FW for your drive, and then open it with MCSE, try swapping your prodisc R03 for something like MCC 03.

Yeah I bruned Call of duty 2 dvd at 4x and btw i tested the image i made in daemon tools virtual drive fine, i couldnt care less bout the protection bit, just the setup. are prodisc no use??? Will try out firmware swapper!

Nick :slight_smile:

Sorry, dont mean to be rude but what firmware should I pick, and what is mcse?

Cheers,

Nick

I found the MCSE I think HERE , I am clueless as to which firmware to use, are some firmwares only DVD-R?

Cheers,

Nick

Try “MadDog 2510 OEM firmware 2.f9” pick the version that is under the “RPC1” column. the maddog version should have bittsetting avilable to make +R discs burn as -ROM. You can set the bitsetting useing ‘nero cd dvd speed’.

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/2500/

yes, that is where you get mcse (media code speed edit) from the all mightly ala42.

step 1: download the firmware
2) download mcse
3) run mcse, and load the dowloaded fimware
4) scroll down till you find the name of your disc (the discs code ‘Prodisc R03 DVD+R’).
5) double click the name, a second menu will pop up asking what you would like to replace it with. pick from the list, I suggest trying MCC 03, select it and click ‘ok’. Now use the save command and pick a new name for it.
6) flash your drive with the newly saved firmware file.
7) test it! :slight_smile:

You can also use this one:

http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware/25x0/25x0_2F9_RPC+RL.rar

Tryed everything!!! Still no fcking progress, thats it I’m not wasting another CD, will getting a new burner drive solve my burning problems? This stupid NEC thing is driving me insane, lol I love it, necs bruners can burn dvds but cant read their own burns, lol I love that idea, very interesting indeed, btw, tryed burning a game 3 times, no fcking progress, starts not being able to read once I put the disc in, see screenshot bellow, can you reccomend if updating to a new burner will, help?, and if so it would have to be a decent affordable price (Under €80), I’m sick of this nec piece of crap, could never read discs from day one, Hence I got a liteon drive to “support it”, now though all the nec seems to produce is coasters, btw are prodisc r03 discs very good quality? I tryed several brands of media in this pos and to be fair, it had trouble reading all em

Game setup error:
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2849/readerror9zf.jpg

Read error on backed up DVD (Reader LiteON):
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3539/stupidnec7wx.jpg

Any help is appreciated

Nick

Could anybody help, I could get a new drive tomorrow if I get some advice :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Nick

Just found something which may be of relevance, this happened with the other infiniti media aswell as the datawrite titanium stuff but happens more on the new dvd, If I hold the disc up to light, I can see a number of black dots, they look like the disc was literly burnt lol, they are highly evident in the datawrite media which failed for me, is this my burners fault? I think I read somewhere this is a burner laser problem, btw I was able to read a disc in my liteon with these burns, are they the cause of the read errors? The discs play 100% ok in my tv dvd player,

Regards,

Nick

If your looking for a new drive, the Benq 1640 is the way to go :slight_smile:

Will buy one, Lets hope its more successfull :slight_smile:

Nick