Nec 2510

vbimport

I shoudl be receiving my nec2510 tomorrow and I am wondering if i should change the firmware with v1.07beta 5 or just wait until herrie has one for the 2510.
Also does anyone now if the stock firmware for the 2510 will let you bitset or do I have flash the firmware.
And if I do change the firmwar will that change to drives abilitles for dual layer which is the main reson why I purchased it.

I am sorry if these qustions have already been asked, but I want to make sure I have all the answers before I change anything.

Anthlonxp 2500+ barton
1 G Kingston Hyperx 2700 DDR

Wait for it, should only be tops a week left before it comes. Windowsflash is always nicer than dosflash.

I would disagree – flashing in windows is way more risky compared to flashing in real DOS.

You have a very high chance of ending up with a badly flashed drive if you do it windows.

Well - coming back to the OP’s question: don’t flash unless you have a reason to do it.
If the stock FW works for the media u use, don’t bother.

Also flashing FW voids your warranty – Herrie makes excellent stuff - but its a risk that you should be willing to take…

Enjoy

I am wondering if i should change the firmware with v1.07beta 5 or just wait until herrie has one for the 2510.
It depends on whether or not you want to wait, either way you should backup your original firmware with the dos flasher.

…does anyone know if the stock firmware for the 2510 will let you bitset or do I have flash the firmware?
You have to flash the firmware.

…if I change the firmware will that change the drives DL ability…
Not if it’s Herrie’s.