I used the flasher on NEC's website and it fixed the problem. Very odd since I was using the exact same firmware using binflasher I d/l on this site.
Hey guys, long long long time lurker first time poster.
How the problem started:
1) I bought some new fujifilm 1x - 16x dvd-r's because I am almost out of my 1x - 8x fujifilms I bought a few years ago.
2) The burner couldn't read the new fuji's so I flashed to newest firmware (maddog).
3) Now the drive only reads CD's, and cannot read or write DVD's (even the old fuji's)
I have tried:
1) Power supply is good (antec smartpower) and no problems with ide cables (tried switching stuff up)
2) Offical firmware and a few other firmware versions, but they all give me the same problem... help!
Thanks for any input!