NEC 2500a VERSUS LiteOn 411s

vbimport

I will be doing some comparison burns and testing between the 2 drives and posting Kprobe result scans. All test burns will be made using the same source files on each test.

Any others that have both a 411/811 and 2500 please post your comparison tests or thoughts comments here.
Thanks!

Conclusions so far:
My 2500A is amazingly better at writing to RICOHJPNR01 than my 411s.
The NEC is the clear winner in terms of write quality.

Burnt at 6x w NEC 2500a fw 106

Burnt at 4x with LiteOn 411s (fw FS0J)

You can see comparitive scans from my 2500, 401/811, and 106D in the test threads.

Burnt at 4x with NEC2500a:

Burnt at 4x with LiteOn 411s:

Burnt at 2x with NEC 2500a:

Burnt at 2x with LiteOn 411s:

Burnt at 2x with NEC2500a:

Burnt at 2x with NEC2500a:

Burnt at 4x with NEC2500a:

Burnt at 4x with LiteOn 411s:

…a clear example, how can be this handy Lite On tool used against their burners! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by melda
…a clear example, how can be this handy Lite On tool used against their burners! :slight_smile:

LOL :iagree:

Yeah dear wesociety and melda. Thanks so much for posting your results wesociety.

Just proves what I just wrote in these two posts here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94833

And here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94832&highlight=advice

Someone already got angry at me on this thread above. Some people just are fanatical about anything. What’s the big deal, it’s only a freakin’ drive–there are so many brands out there. NEC was always tops in the optical drive market. Their CD drives were the most popular.

Wesociety–your tests speak for themselves.

AND YOUR 411S looks like a real GOOD ONE!!! Hehehe, I have an October 2003. Wait till I get my NEC2500A this week! I’ll show you some comparisons. And there are probably hundreds or thousands of crummy 411S out there.

Well LiteON tech support people don’t even all know about K-Probe. In fact with these kinds of results K-Probe is really important for LiteON for finding out how their drives are doing out in the field because they really need to figure out why they are so messed up. NEC doesn’t need K-Probe because their drives just work out of the box!!! Hehehehe!!!

Tek.

I’m sure you’ll be very happy with your new 2500A :bigsmile:
I’ve burned many other media types since conducting these tests, and the NEC wins the write quality contest every time. :smiley:

TekWiz,

people are defending what they have at home. My 411S (Sept.2003) was also kind of sick. No Zebra patch worked properly with this drive. PI/PO scans were in 90% scary :Z
I exchanged it for A07 and now I see the huge improvement in burning quality - even on Yuden DVD+R I am getting 10 times better PI results!!!

I am sure you will love your NEC 2500A :iagree:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
You can see comparitive scans from my 2500, 401/811, and 106D in the test threads.

A little help pointing to relevant thread thanks.