NEC 2500A:::Verbatim 16x DVD+R's seen as 4x, 2.4x?! Not MAX 8x :(

Hi all,
Have a TDK880N flashed to 1.07 v2 beta5 with DL support. Now it’s seen as a trusty _NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A. Everything has been cool for months. Peachy.
Now, I went to Best Buy picked up some Verbatim 16x DVD+R’s (Model #95033). The problem is that they are now seen as 4.0x MAX in Nero and in Easy CD Creator!!! Can anyone shed some light on this? This should be seen as 8x!!! Are there any fixes planned by the Herrie? I see his site has been bruised up as of late.

Also, Are there any more plans for more features in the next firmware(s) for the NEC2500A, if development is still happening? I already have DL support, I just wanted to know if there is something even cooler planned on the horizon.

Thanks all!
jeeka.

Have you emailed NEC?
Request support for your drive.

Well i can tell you that Newegg doesn’t have any NEC-2510’s for sale anymore.

Thanks, but I already knew that. Is it possible to flash to a 2510 from a falshed 2500A? What benifits are there, or have I already reaped DL support from the b5 Firmware above?

Thanks!

i have a 2510 and i have the same firmware as you…does that give you a clue? lol You might try Maddog’s 2.F7 with DL support. I haven’t used it. You can use the bitsetting tool from Maddog

hehe duh! Now that I think about it, that was a pretty retarded question I asked. Thanks for the heads up on the Maddog 2.F7!

jeeka.

my 2510 reports as a 2500 with 1.07 v2 beta5 . So i’m going backwards so to speak lol