NEC-2500A problem with Fireburner

vbimport

Any help is appreciated!

I decided to take my TDK (liteon) CD-writer out and keep only the NEC-2500A and Liteon 163 DVD-reader, but having problem with CD burning with Fireburner. For some reason, cd burning speed Fireburner setting (pulldown menu) only shows MAX as the only option and even so, the actual detail shows “0x.” No such problem with the TDK burner. I am running WinXPro, do I still need to force ASPI???

Thank you in advance for any suggestion / inputs …

Originally posted by qmv
[B]Any help is appreciated!

I decided to take my TDK (liteon) CD-writer out and keep only the NEC-2500A and Liteon 163 DVD-reader, but having problem with CD burning with Fireburner. For some reason, cd burning speed Fireburner setting (pulldown menu) only shows MAX as the only option and even so, the actual detail shows “0x.” No such problem with the TDK burner. I am running WinXPro, do I still need to force ASPI???

Thank you in advance for any suggestion / inputs … [/B]

Looks like Fireburner doesn’t like your 2500A. I know the NEC uses some non-standard commands for accessing the DVD-writers. Maybe Fireburner needs an update?

Fireburner i use to know and love v1.06 doesnt support any dvd drives, i just use it to burn cue files of s/vcd…app’s anyway.
Tried newer fireburner but it lost it’s simplicity and quick burning features…liked the 1 click burn.