NEC 2500A No sound when playing back DVD

vbimport

I just installed the new drive and it plays audio CD’s great. I can hear music from it. However when I put a DVD in the drive, I can see the video but I am not getting any audio. Why can I hear CD’s playing but not DVD’s?

It’s your player software. Either update it, or replace it with PowerDVD.

As rdgrimes said :wink:

I edited your thread’s title a little, as yours didn’t tell us anything about the real problem. Now it does :slight_smile:

I’ve just installed one of these drives and had the same problem - ie the sound is fine on cds but I can’t get sound for DVDs. Is this just a software issue? Any suggestions would be very welcome!:smiley:

Originally posted by ac74
I’ve just installed one of these drives and had the same problem - ie the sound is fine on cds but I can’t get sound for DVDs. Is this just a software issue? Any suggestions would be very welcome!:smiley:

Reinstall, update or replace your DVD player program.

I just got mine yesterday. It will play cd’s somewhat (:frowning: not really:( ) just jittery if thats what you call it? It speeds up and slows down to. DVD’s the same way jittery sound and jumpy video. Nothing that I have put in it works. Is this this the problem that I’ve been reading about around here or just a defective drive?

Also I ripped one of my DVD’s onto the HDD it seems to be alright and burned a svcd with it’ the svcd won’t play in the Nec but it plays perfect in my other cd-rw drive.

I have not bought any DVD media yet so I don’t no how good it will burn DVD’s

Thanks for any help:bow:

Originally posted by senor cooter
[B]I just got mine yesterday. It will play cd’s somewhat (:frowning: not really:( ) just jittery if thats what you call it? It speeds up and slows down to. DVD’s the same way jittery sound and jumpy video. Nothing that I have put in it works. Is this this the problem that I’ve been reading about around here or just a defective drive?

Also I ripped one of my DVD’s onto the HDD it seems to be alright and burned a svcd with it’ the svcd won’t play in the Nec but it plays perfect in my other cd-rw drive.

I have not bought any DVD media yet so I don’t no how good it will burn DVD’s

Thanks for any help:bow: [/B]

Sounds like your 2500 is running in PIO mode instead of DMA

Device 0

auto detection
dma if available
ultra dma mode 2

Device 1

auto detection
dma if available
PIO mode

There is no option to change this. The PIO mode is shaded gray and is not clickable. Do I need to change this in the Bio’s? Doe’s it matter if this is the slave to my cd-rw?

Thanks

Originally posted by senor cooter
[B]Device 0

auto detection
dma if available
ultra dma mode 2

Device 1

auto detection
dma if available
PIO mode

There is no option to change this. The PIO mode is shaded gray and is not clickable. Do I need to change this in the Bio’s? Doe’s it matter if this is the slave to my cd-rw?

Thanks [/B]

Do you have Intel Application Accelerator or some other thing installed? BIOS settings should be “AUTO”.
Try uninstalling the IDE controller and reboot.

I went into the Bio’s and device 1 on the secondary IDE was set to the off position so I set it to auto’ everything works good now. I thought I had checked the dma settings all ready after I put my NEC in . I guess not Thanks for your help rdgrimes
:slight_smile:

I’ve just installed Power DVD and this seems to work fine now - thanks! A bit jittery at first, but I’ve closed down all other applications and my broadband connection and it seems fine. :smiley: :smiley: