NEC 2500A - Media Advice Please!

Just ordered an NEC 2500A, and will be using it for data backups and for moving VHS home movies to DVD. Need to order some media very soon.

The data backups need to be on RW media so I can refresh them. Should I be looking at -RW or +RW for this purpose?? (want 4X media)

The VHS movies need to be able to be read on my Standalone Denon DVD-1600. Some on DVRHelp.com say they have used +R discs but the owners manual says -R, and a DVD backup a friend made for me with +R on his Plextor was unreadable by my Denon.

I want the home movies longevity to be as safe as possible.
Looks like Tayo Yuden -R’s would be good here, any others or are these the best?? (4X media is fine)

1. What brand of +RW or -RW should I use for my backups??

2. What brand of -R’s should I use for archiving??

3. What are some reputable e-tailers with good prices to order from in the US??

Thanks for the help!
:bow:

http://www.accaproducts.com/

Originally posted by rdgrimes
http://www.accaproducts.com/

rdgrimes:

Thanks for the link. But I was hoping for a bit more advice on what type of media to use for my two needs.

Was also considering some Ritek’s for general backups that aren’t as critical but after doing some more reading I’m not sure if I want to gamble on whether my 2500A will like them. Anything else in this pricerange thats good and is compatible with my NEC?

I guess since I have no other ideas for my home movie backups I will use Taiyo Yuden for these.

Is there any place to get decent quality 4X +RW’s in quantity’s of say 5 or 10? Just need a few of these for my data backups.

Originally posted by offroad
[B]Just ordered an NEC 2500A, and will be using it for data backups and for moving VHS home movies to DVD. Need to order some media very soon.

The data backups need to be on RW media so I can refresh them. Should I be looking at -RW or +RW for this purpose?? (want 4X media)

The VHS movies need to be able to be read on my Standalone Denon DVD-1600. Some on DVRHelp.com say they have used +R discs but the owners manual says -R, and a DVD backup a friend made for me with +R on his Plextor was unreadable by my Denon.

I want the home movies longevity to be as safe as possible.
Looks like Tayo Yuden -R’s would be good here, any others or are these the best?? (4X media is fine)

1. What brand of +RW or -RW should I use for my backups??

2. What brand of -R’s should I use for archiving??

3. What are some reputable e-tailers with good prices to order from in the US??

Thanks for the help!
:bow: [/B]
I can safely say to find Ricoh media being Memorex 4X or TDK 4X…

I love them for my ND-2500A.