NEC 2500A & HD Red Light

vbimport

Hi All, Any Answers to this Writer that Seeks to Amaze Me!!
This Writer Was on an PCI ATA100 card as MASTER n Worked Great…
Only thing i’ve done to it so far is to put in FW for the Rip Lock Speed n Region Free whilst on that card…

Now I have swaped everything around n this Nec is now Secondary MASTER on the IDE1 with CDWriter Lite-On as Slave to it…
Well I decided to try out a copy of a Movie I’d already Copied…ie a Copy of a Copy to see if it would work!..my m8s work when he does it…
Well the two copies I did work great in my DVDPlayer n other DVDPlayers, Also Works Great in my Lite-On 166S DVDRom drive…But for some unknown reason that’s puzzeling me it wont work in the NEC!!!
Before the change over every copy i did Worked ok!
Now I get This with one DVD Movie----“A Disc with unsupported format in drive H:” n wont work or show the files…
Second Movie----The DVD-RW Drive in Task Bar Defaults to a CDDrive the moment it’s incerted, plus it says this “Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be useing a format that is not compatible with windows”…
PLUS-The Hard Disk Red Light on the Tower comes On Every time I Incert a DVD or CD…NEVER Done this Before…Read somewhere that others had that Prob to…Now the way I have these Drives Set Up is far Better than I had them Before n Everything Else works a Treat…So Why this ANNOMALY!!

On my PCI ATA100 i have this----On First Cable-Primary Master 40Gbt HD C: n E:--------Primary Slave 80Gbt HD D:------Second Cable–Primary Master 120Gbt HD K:…IDE0 = DVD-ROM Drive Lite-On 166S as MASTER
IDE1 = MASTER - DVDWriter NEC 2500A, Slave - Lite-On CDR-RW Writer…
System is much faster this way…Any Answers!!!

Can your NEC read all other discs without problems?
Such as DVD-ROM discs and DVDR discs that you’ve burned previously?

[B]Hi Wes, Thanks for poping in n Helping me out…
Before the Change over All DVD-R Movies played ok in the Nec, All DVD-R MP3s opened n played, All CDRs Played or Opened except one or two CDRWs, which were slow to open/show folders…
Now “Bad Company” insert into NEC n it changes from DVD-RW to CD Drive n wont recognise that DVD-R Movie…Did before…“Vanhelsing” ISO Copy works OK, but the one with the Video_TS n Audio_TS wont Play n when I open it there’s only a AUDIO_TS folder in there…Plays ok n VIDEO n AUDIO_TS folders are there in the Lite-On 166S…“Harry Potter n the Prisoner of Azkabar” wont play or get recognised because DVD Drive reverts to CD Drive…Takes Ages n Ages to Open a DVD-RW of MP3s…Use to open OK…Opens a DVD-R of MP3s OK…Opens a CDR of Photos ok…Opens a CDRW of Apps ok…A DVD-R of Mixed Folders did an AUTO SEARCH n took so long I Cancelled it…Opened on the Lite-On 166S Easily…EVERYTHING OPENS or PLAYS on the Lite-On 166S DVDRom Drive 100%…

Would All this be to do by the way it is set up now…ie, Hard Disk red Light Staying on, n Videos not playing when they did before…NEC was the Master on PCI ATA100 before…Now Master on the IDE1…Should I put it as SLAVE to the Lite-ON CDRW, Or as Primary MASTER on its own on the IDE0…n then put the DVDRom as Secondary Master on the IDE1…Funny how some Combinations Just Don’t Work properly…
Over to U then my Friend, n THANKS…

yes I would say try different combinations and configuration positions for the NEC.
I would also take a good look at your motherboard IDE drivers.
You may want to use Microsoft drivers instead of the manufacturer provided versions…

Hi wes, Micros Drivers they be…I did 2 Movies today…Not for Me, for a friend, they be his movies n he wanted copies…Good Practise for me!..Both Copys Worked OK in the NEC…So, is the problem within the Burn/Copy?!..Did it go wrong somewhere…But there again, if that was so then it would not work in the 166S would it!!..Not Changed the Drives around yet, Will do so this WeekEnd…
I’m still of the Old School–Keep All Hard Disks on the IDE, put whats left on IDE Secondary Slave, then rest on the ATA100…But what I’ll do first is Swap the Lite-On with the NEC, so NEC will become Primary Master on IDE0 n Lite-On Secondary Master.on IDE1…Will let U know how it gos…Hope that Red Light gos OUT…lol
Surpriseing how little things anoy me when they not been there before!!
Thanks M8 n Take Care…

Could be just a bad media issue

Hi DeadMan----Thought of that un myself…But Would Bad Media Inserted into NEC say for one disk—“A Disk with Unsupported Format in Drive H:”
Then for second disk of a different movie copied after first un Default the NEC to a CD Drive! then say this “Windows cannot Read from this Disk. The Disk might be Corrupted, or it could be useing a format that is Not Compatible with Windows”…
YET, BOTH Worked 100% in my Lite-On 166S & DVD Player & my Friends DVD Player…
Sounds Like The NEC either being too PICKY, (WHY)!! or, It does not like being the Master on the IDE1 Secondary Master…
Will take me a week or two to let U know how it gos when I swap it around, because I only Copy a DVD Video when I purchase one for myself…Unless my Friend wants one copied for His Self!!!..
My Media is "Orange Top DVD-R 4x GO 4 Ritek from Taiwan…Only 12 used from a spindle of 25 so far…FW 1.06 with Herries Rip-Lock n DVD Region Free…

Are those the Mountain landscape orange top RitekG04s?
If so, that media is total crap.
I know this from firsthand experience AND Ritek has confirmed this themselves in an email to FLASH.
Look HERE

Hi Wes, NO is the answer to you’re question…
Plain Orange Top with “Manufactured in Taiwan * DVD-R 4x” around the outer circumference…Then it says “Grade A Media” under that it says DVD-R 4x, then 4.7GB Data…@ bottom of DVD it says www.dvd-recordable.org
I know these R not the Best around, but when I purchased these for first time, the shop owner said they were good DVDs…I now Know Better…Though I can’t complain as All used work just fine…Except for one which went Bad at End of Writeing, but that was because there was a fault in the End Credits of the copy i was Copying…(for Test Purposes)
Re-Authored the Credits out n it Copied OK n Plays OK…
I have NOT Yet Flashed the FW accept for the Rip Speed & Region Free…
When I have learnt a bit more on DVD n Herrie n Company pops in n says, ‘This is Best FW to Use’ n I feel confident, I will probably do the FW update…
Until Then I gona Leave Alone…Thanks for the Help, Always Appreciated…
Catch You All soon…