NEC 2500a for $81 @ Newegg.com (Easter Sale)

vbimport

Get one if you dont have one

Is a good price for BAD dvd burner.

Because i can’t find any media with good price can burn @8x !!
Can you help me?

And what about Pioneer A07, Is it better than NEC 2500 ??? LiteOn 812 ??

Can you help me??

Thank you

Originally posted by Doctor Aziz
[B]Is a good price for BAD dvd burner.

Because i can’t find any media with good price can burn @8x !! [/B]

What are you ON???

You’re stating that the 2500 is a bad burner just because YOU can’t find any 8X media? That statement is ridiculous.
Many 4X media is now supported at 8X with Herries’ patched firmware. Do some research before posting and making yourself look like a fool.

Nice price Nuke209! Thanks for posting.

This is a great drive at a fantastic price. I know many people have had trouble with the Riteks, but knock on wood, my NEC has been burning them fine…G03s and G04s…they have been working great in my PS2. Hopefully the next batch of G04s I buy will work fine as well. NEC needs to get a firmware update out soon to resolve this issue for everyone who can’t burn with the best ‘bang for the buck’ media out there.

-Bh

Hi all,

wesociety, Why you are very angry like that??
I want to learn and i think you will help me :slight_smile:

I need a Dual DVD Burner can burn @ 8x with cheap media ( Please give me one cheap media can burn @ 8, And i can find it at New York are some thing else which shipping it free !! )

For that, I will buy NEC 2500 DVD Burner if you find what i want!!

And i want to tell you, I need a dvd writer before next monday !

And i need it for copy a Original Movies, And i need it fast!!

And i want to tell you i don’t have a DVD-ROM !!
Because many people said NEC 2500 read is bad!!

Do you think the Pioneer A07 is a good deal??

Thank you very much
And please reply, But without angry :slight_smile:

With Herries latest hacked firmware it will write Ricoh JPNR 01 at 8x with excellent quality, it will also do the cheap Arita Ricoh 00 at 6x with similar results and this is only 2.4 rated media, these are all plus disks. It doesn’t like the cheaper/bad grade Ritek G04 disks but if you find a grade ones it can do OK, Orange topped ones are bad.
It is not a great reader but it is one of the best quality burners out right now and it may also get Dual layer upgrade soon.
The Ricoh 01 media is sold by Memorex sometimes, TDK, Arita and others as there own brands. Looks for the bumpy disk edges and it’s probaly Ricoh 01 media on the spindle.
Get a LiteOn 166 dvd rom and you can rip disk very fast to make up for the Nec’s reading fualts plus do small disks on the fly :slight_smile:

could someone please post a link on where I can download Herrie’s hacked firmware? Thx.

It’s in this forum ander testers needed for bitsetting firmware
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91198

It’s not a great reader?
How can you say that :sad:
Mine reads better than my 166s at times
It’s a great drive, both reading and writing

Well that maybe a bit drive dependent like the 811 drives for everything. Mine does not read as well as my 811 on plus or my 166. It has also been mentioned in the reviews. On some disks it’s just fine and I think it will do pressed movies OK but it’s pretty picky with some of my burned disks, even some it made itself. As cheap as a good 166 is I don’t think it’s a big deal but people should be aware of it if it’s going to be the only dvd in their system.

Originally posted by Doctor Aziz
[B]Hi all,

wesociety, Why you are very angry like that??
I want to learn and i think you will help me :slight_smile:

I need a Dual DVD Burner can burn @ 8x with cheap media ( Please give me one cheap media can burn @ 8, And i can find it at New York are some thing else which shipping it free !! )

For that, I will buy NEC 2500 DVD Burner if you find what i want!!

And i want to tell you, I need a dvd writer before next monday !

And i need it for copy a Original Movies, And i need it fast!!

And i want to tell you i don’t have a DVD-ROM !!
Because many people said NEC 2500 read is bad!!

Do you think the Pioneer A07 is a good deal??

Thank you very much
And please reply, But without angry :slight_smile: [/B]

I was merely pointing out how foolish your statement was.
Nuke209 was sharing a good deal with the forum and you replied with a negative comment that really has nothing to do with this topic.
Either the 2500A or the A07 would be a good choice for a DVD writer.
As I stated above already, with Herries’ hacked firmware the 2500 will burn at 8X with good quality to more media than any other drive on the market.
So if you’re looking for excellent burn quality and a drive that will write to many 4X medias at 8x, the 2500A should clearly be your choice.
I have not had 1 reading problem at all with my 2500A.

Hi all,

Thank you wesociety for your reply.
And I am sorry because i can’t know some words from what you say.
Because I study English now, I can’t good speak English, But I try to do that soon !!

And in the end, I think i will buy Pioneer A07, Because i want to copy movies, And burn @ 8x with cheap media like Ritek.

And thank you with all users for your help.

And if anyone have any idea can help me please add it.

Thank you very much
Doctor Aziz