NEC 2500A all used up?

vbimport

Probably a dumb question, but I just wanted to clarify here: how long is the life of the average nec 2500a? I’ve used it to brun ~100 disks and around disk 70 or so the writting speed has greatly deminished. Using herrie’s firmware, I was able to burn ritek G04’s and R03’s at 8x taking roughly 9-10 mins a disk. Now, using the same disks, it takes me roughly 20-30 mins a disk. Is my drive spent?

Thanks in advance!

I can’t answer your question, but I burnt well over 300 DVDs, and had no problems 'til now (in both speed & quality). So, I can’t explain your issue: did you verify that DMA is on?

going slow is probably something to do with your PC, not the drive. I’ve burnt over 100 cd-r and over 300-400 dvd’s on mine, still working well.

Defrag, do a clean up of unused files/apps, check for viruses and spyware.

I am using 2500 and have more then 100 and it burns just fine, what firmware are you using with your 2500 to burn the G04’s?

I burned over 500 and I replaced it with my 3500. I was burning anything
I threw at it with amazing results, that’s why I still have it.
I agree with the above posts, you have a computer, or cable issue. You can’t kill those drives!

Sorry I’m kind of a newb at this. Let me look up first what you’re talking about and I’ll get back to you.

I’m using Herrie’s 1.07v2 Beta 5 DLBS.

I was also thinking it’s because of my computer hardware and/or setup. I am planning to do a complete format next week, so hopefully that will get things back to normal. Just wanted to see if it was a common thing.

Thanks guys!!

Yes, it is on.

well, so far, not much progress. so how about this?

do create disc with nero cd speed and post the result.
also post the report that nero info tool creates (make sure and edit out the serial number)

let me quote the wise man:

ahhh got it fixed! never mind mods!