NEC 2500 + Princo DVD-r

Is it true that NEC 2500 can not write successfully with Princo DVD-r and TY DVDr???

It seems strange that the review says it is good at writing DVD-r but does not say that they were using Verbatims etc??

woot

TY burns very well on NEC 2500, you can even burn 4x certified DVD media at 8x.

Princo DVD media tends to vary, sometimes it burns real fine, sometimes you end up with coasters.

Anyway you always end up paying twice by buying cheap media.

My experience with el-cheapo media is the same, you end up paying twice. One suggestion from me: do yourself a favour and go buy decent quality media since it will save you a lot of frustration (worked for me :iagree: ).

I have burnt over 50 Princo 4x rated DVD-R’s with my 2500 and have not run into a problem. They play fine on my standalone and ps2 and produce a smooth read graph in nero cdspeed.

The problem with Princo media is that they use different stampers which require different writing strategies! Some work fine @ 4x, others fail @4x and only burn @2x. Also the quality varies quite a lot :frowning: Therefore I cannot recommend to use these shitty discs!

Hello,

I found that DVD-r’s the cheapies are an issue with this NEC 2500A.

I have 4 dvd burners…all of them a different brand.
FYI…

I have used most all of the available software on three other than the NEC 2500A with the cheapest Ritek and Princo DVD-R’s with no real issues. (DVDXcopy, DVDXcopy Express, Nero, Roxio, etc…)

When I bought the NEC 2500A I could not burn the same -rs on the NEC as with the other drives. With most of the software I was using. I switched to DVD+r’s and DVD+RW and no problems…

So i thought I would have to use the more expensive dvd media.

Well, I found 2 programs that work well DVD-R medis, the cheap stuff. CloneDVD and DVDFAB. All other porgrams I use will not work with the NEC and DVD-R’s on my system.

Go figure?
A.

Is that with “A” Grade Princo’s??

What grade were u using?

“A” Grades usually have to comply with Lower BLER!

OCFREAK,

Have u ever tried the NEC2500 with Princos “A” Grade?

Or B Grades??

Any scans?

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?product=DVR3081-25 work great in mine, in fact i get better results with them over some more respected brands/dyes

The DVD-r’s were bought from www.rima.com, 1611-100.
The Princos were bought from CompUsa, their compusa brand, which are Princos according to dvdinfo.

The compusa dvd-rd are only 53 cents apiece!!! 15 pak on sale.
The rima.coms are 70 cents apiece.

Dont really care if they burn slow, just as long as thy burn reliable. so far with the abcove mentined programs they work fine.

a.

Originally posted by Hocus_Pocus
[B]Is that with “A” Grade Princo’s??

What grade were u using?

“A” Grades usually have to comply with Lower BLER!

OCFREAK,

Have u ever tried the NEC2500 with Princos “A” Grade?

Or B Grades??

Any scans? [/B]

Both A and so called B grade scans is found in my review.

Princo type 1 = A grade
Princo type 2 = Most likely B grade as they sucks in most writers.

if you use princo media
you’ll be sorry!

I have posted a 2x Princo burn scan here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=552472#post552472

Yes the scan looks marginal, but I believe the disc will still play fine in most standalone players.