Nec 2500 firmware download

vbimport

Where can i find latest official firmware for nec 2500? I’ve tried looking offcial site, but i can’t find it
Thanks
Andrea

Seems they just pulled it from there site, Disowned the drive all together,ive e-mailed NEC twice and no response…horrible tech support…thank god the drive works great

You might want to give Herrie’s site a try:

www.herrie.org

Here you are >>> http://tdb.rpc1.org/#ND2500A :smiley:

best wishes

Prema

Strange that original firmware is off there site - in fact there is no 2500a support section ???

Just sent an email to US OEM tech support requesting information on the next firmware release date…
oem.products@necsam.com

Originally posted by wesociety
Just sent an email to US OEM tech support requesting information on the next firmware release date…
oem.products@necsam.com

Now lets see if NEC support exists.
Would be bad support if they dont even do at least 1 Firmware upgrade…

ArchV

Had a reply back from NEC in the UK last week.
They said it will appearing shortly here
http://www.necd.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/557

didds

the lack of support (firmware updates) makes me want to sell my drive :a

even the support of BTC is 50x better

Originally posted by didds
[B]Had a reply back from NEC in the UK last week.
They said it will appearing shortly here
http://www.necd.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/557

didds [/B]

They are saying that for 3 months now…

Originally posted by schapeke
the lack of support (firmware updates) makes me want to sell my drive

NEC does not have to provide support since they do not directly sell retail products. NEC mainly sells their drives to computer vendors like Dell who are then responsible for providing support to their customers. This is why firmwares often come from other places than directly from NEC because NEC creates the updates for its OEM customers. You guys need to understand how that works…

I can find support for the two previous NEC DVD burners on their official site.

When the drive installs it`s listed as an NEC drive.

They list compatable media for the drive on their official site.

They seem to support OEM products by listing them on their official site.

If they change policy with this drive without notice they should be blasted along with the companies that sell them.

The problem in question is that they list Ritek -4X DVD media with L19 dye code as compatable and that is not true for most of us.
The firmware write stratgey is in error for this media or their 2500A drives differ slightly. Some have a compatable drives others with problems don`t.

I would think they would want to fix this or all OEM`s will be liteonit.

It appears that NEC just doesn`t care

This is my Humble Opinion.

Carthoris :bow:

I Totally agree with Carthoris.

They list it on their web site, they list where to buy it.
So they should support it. Ontheir UK site anyway.

Didds

simply listing a product on their website doesn’t mean that it’s a supported product.

Originally posted by carthoris
I would think they would want to fix this or all OEM`s will be liteonit.

the difference between lite-on and NEC is that lite-on actually sells their own retail products in retail boxes in addition to their OEM sales. NEC’s products only come as OEM, as dhc014 already pointed out. if you buy an OEM product, the company that actually manufactured the product is under no obligation to provide support for the product, as it’s the OEM buyer’s obligation to do so (such as Dell, HP, etc). if you decide to buy an OEM product yourself and essentially “cut out the middle man,” nobody is responsible for the product except yourself, as OEM products are typically sold without warranty. any support you do end up getting is pretty much icing on the cake.

NEC has no OEM support. That’s the reason for me returning the 2500a. It had read issues that I couldn’t live with. Got Pioneer DVR-107D OEM. Pioneer will support OEM and they post new firmware revs on regular bases in their support web page.

I have no read/write issues with the 107. If NEC can’t support OEM then they shouldn’t sell it to the public !

This makes absolutely no sense at all. The engineers that develop the product do nothing once the product hits the market. They just dump it on the buyers to figure it out on their own. No way they have to help the companies that buy it and package it for sale.

NEC is a huge company that doesn`t care if the end user is left out in the cold.

I will never buy from a company that lacks product support. It`s best that we support the companies that care about market share.

NEC is moving on to the next burner dual layer and considering the 2500A a dead product.

The next burner I buy will not be theirs but one that offers support like pioneer liteonit and plextor.

Next time a product is reviewed on this site I hope they also note the quality of tech support. I assumed this drive would be supported like the previous models. I also felt good about buying it since plextor sells one.

I must stress this point! Support for a product must be included in any product review.

Thanks in advance

Carthoris:a

I second the notion. A drive is only as good as the support.

Now it all makes sense…

I spent a good chunk of time rifling through their Japanese site the other day, trying to find information about the 2500A, or even other optical drives. I thought their search engine was just being flaky.

Originally posted by wesociety
oem.products@necsam.com

Hi mate,

Did you get any response from NEC ??
Or have you like others given up on idea of support from NEC and will live with what you have.

No response :a (after 3 emails)
Makes me wonder why they even post an email address…
I think we’ll see a much improved Herrie firmware for the 2500A before an NEC official version.