NEC 16X DL DVD±RW ND-3500A read problem

Greetings I bought a NEC ND-3500A DVD Burner The problem is that Nero cd/dvd speed & Info tool says that the reading speed is not 16x is 2x or 5x…??? Its soooooooooooooo slow, why can this be?? It came with 2.16 flash version, I havent changed, updated or anything to it. How can we solve this guys? Bad drive? (my guess) Any replies would be really appreciated, Thank You!

did you have a dvd disc in the drive at the time ? other than that, wait till you actually burn some DvDs, then see what speed/s you get.

I was using DVD Shrink to compress the DVD it took a whole lot of time, 3* more, more than my 8x dvd burner

read* speed not writing =) Please help me out… -_- Thanks!

Help? :confused: :confused: :confused: Please :rolleyes: (sorry for being annoying)

sounds like you need to enable dma,on the drive options,other than that sounds like hes right try burning a dvd,maybe its software related?
smuggly

try using dvd decrypter to rip a dvd and watch the ripping speed as the rip proceeds. you’ll be able to see how high the read speed gets to

The default (manufacturer) firmware from NEC (v2.16) is rip-locked. This means it will limit the reading speed of CSS protected dvds.

You will need to use a diferent firmware (only use firmwares meant for the Nec3500A!) that has rip-lock removed. I am not sure if any “official” firmwares have rip-lock removed. If you check the NEC section you will find links to unofficial “hacked” firmwares with rip-lock removed.

Some Links:
NEC 3500: Which firmware would you recommend?
Different firmwares (2500/2510/3500) on one page! (2nd attempt)

Some of the more popular firmwares include:
TDK 2.8 SE
herries 2.17 (NOT a link file name with flasher - 3500_217bs.rar)
Liggy’s beta(s) - read about them Here

There is alot of info, so try searching for answers first.

Good Luck