NEC 1300a

Can anybody please recommend any media for an NEC 1300a in particular

DV -RW
DV -R

Regards

-RW: verbatim 2X or ritek 2X. Stay away from princo 2X.

-R: Best of all: Maxell, Pioneer, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, ritek. Also these manufacturers is said to work ok as well with the nec: Lead data, cmc magnetics and optodisc.

Try to find brands made by these manufacturers.

Recently I bought some DVD-R media from MAME Mitsui. They perform very well on my 1300a. I don’t know for sure who produced these discs, but if they aren’t made by Mitsui Chemicals themselves, I wouldn’t be wondered if Mitsubishi is responsible for the disks.

I can check this tomorrow (I’ll do that)…

btw, you really should check http://herrie.rpc1.org for alternative firmwares for the 1300a, as there are many different media added to Herrie’s firmwares. I’ve been running them for some time and it works just great!

Usually mitsui MAME discs is made by Mitsui. At least the ADIP says so.

Just a note to Dee-ehn’s statement about herries firmwares: By using one of the modified firmwares you woid the warranty of your drive. Consider if it’s worth woiding the warranty, as the firmwares of herrie do improve media compatibility…

Just checked:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCI4XG01]

Disc Type : [DVD-R]
Manufacturer ID : [MCI4XG01]
Disc Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2.298.496 Sectors - 4.489MB - 4,38GB]

Yes, they are made by Mitsui themselves…

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Usually mitsui MAME discs is made by Mitsui. At least the ADIP says so.

Just a note to Dee-ehn’s statement about herries firmwares: By using one of the modified firmwares you woid the warranty of your drive. Consider if it’s worth woiding the warranty, as the firmwares of herrie do improve media compatibility… [/B]

True - but the places on the net offering such ‘hacked’ firmwares also have the original firmware (various verions, all un-modified in any way) to burn back to the drive :slight_smile:

Originally posted by icey
True - but the places on the net offering such ‘hacked’ firmwares also have the original firmware (various verions, all un-modified in any way) to burn back to the drive :slight_smile:

True, but imagine the scenario where your DVD drive dies and can’t be flashed anymore… that’d suck eh? :slight_smile:

(not that I care, I’m willing to take the risk)

why can’t i burn the unbranded disc’s form the shop @ 4x?
nero only burns @ 2.4 speed.

it’s about the € 14 discs

Unbranded DVD+R 4X (10)

what shop are u referring to?

Originally posted by willum
[B]why can’t i burn the unbranded disc’s form the shop @ 4x?
nero only burns @ 2.4 speed.

it’s about the € 14 discs

Unbranded DVD+R 4X (10) [/B]

Burn speed is set by the drive, based on the media ADIP information. For whatever reason, your drive does not agree that it is really 4x media. Updating your drive firmware may help.

and welcome to the forum!