NEC 1300A DVD+RW fails

Sorry about my n00bness, I know very little about optical drives, but here it is:
Burning in nero 60023, i get a fail when writing the lead-out trying to write data dvd’s on +rw media(Imation), in windows xp. My drive is the 1300a and i am using the newest aspi layer( i know nero has it’s own aspi). I’ve tried 4 firmwares(1006-1008), and have reinstalled windows as well. If you would like to know any other specs please let me know. Here is the Nero log:
12:43:29 PM #20 Text 0 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 113
<_NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A > start writing Lead-Out at LBA 1 (1h), lenght 0 blocks

12:43:29 PM #21 SCSI -1064 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1427
SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x02EE0000
HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
Sense Key: 0x05 (KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST)
Sense Code: 0x21
Sense Qual: 0x00
CDB Data: 0x2A 0x00 0x00 0x26 0x05 0x3F 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00
Sense Data: 0x70 0x00 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0A
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x21 0x00

12:43:29 PM #22 CDR -1064 File Writer.cpp, Line 301
Invalid block address

12:43:29 PM #23 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 229
all writers idle, stopping conversion

12:43:29 PM #24 Text 0 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1661
Set remaining time: 0:00,000 (0ms) -> OK

12:43:29 PM #25 Text 0 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1661
Set remaining time: 0:00,000 (0ms) -> OK

12:43:29 PM #26 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1803
Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,312 KB/s)

Thanks

update:
Just had success in ISO mode. I prefer to use UDF, and that is what I have always used. Also, using 2.45 nforce drivers. I would still like to know why this happens, though…

and this is what I get with blank DVD+R/RW media using the DVD Identifier program I found here :slight_smile:
It’s rather uncomforting…

[17:33:00] DVD Identifier V3.2 [November-16-2003]
[17:33:00] Initializing ASPI/SPTI Drive Interface
[17:33:00] SPTI Drive Interface Successfully Initialized
[17:33:00] 1 Supported Drive Found (Out Of 4 Available Drives)
[17:33:00] Internet Version Check Postponed Since Last Check Happened Less Than 1 Hour Ago
[17:33:01] DVD+R/+RW Medium Detected. Starting Identification…
[17:33:01] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 1 (Original ADIP)
[17:33:01] ADIP Read M1 Failed : Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB [05/24/00]
[17:33:01] ADIP Read Method 1 Not Supported ; A Firmware Upgrade Is Recommended
[17:33:01] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 2 (Copy Of ADIP)
[17:33:01] ADIP Read M2 Failed : Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB [05/24/00]
[17:33:01] ADIP Read Method 2 Requires A Written DVD+R/+RW Disc
[17:33:01] Disc Identification Did Not Complete Successfully

Almost certain your nForce drivers are not installed correctly. Some will recommend that you use the native drivers but your MCP Networking Controller is almost certain not to load. It pays to install these drivers correctly. Mine are :slight_smile:

Version: 3.13 was released on November 3, 2003

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_3.13

Installation Notes

[i]If you are performing an uninstall of your current nForce drivers, your system will have to re-enumerate all devices and restart prior to install of your new package. Multiple restarts may be required; please comply with all instructions to reboot. Failure to do so may cause the install to fail the installation of needed components resulting in system reliability issues.

Windows XP users must install Service Pack 1 prior to attempting to install this package. Failure to do so will result in the inability to support USB 2.0.

Audio drivers will not install on the following nForce2 products: Chaintech 7NJS. Please use the drivers that come with these products to enable audio functionality. [/i]

Read through this, as well

try getting rid of the ASPI layer you’re using.

new nvidia drivers are wrokign good . No problem here with them.

Gio

I get the same error using the Verbatim DVD+RW that shipped with my 1300. The -RW discs I got works fine in both ISO and UDF but the +RW allways fails on the UDF lead out.

Strangely enough the data gets written to the disc, not that I really trust it but its there.

Forgot to mention that Im not on a nVidia chipset, mines a ali magik 1. Could still be buggy drivers though.

Originally posted by FutureProof
Almost certain your nForce drivers are not installed correctly. Some will recommend that you use the native drivers but your MCP Networking Controller is almost certain not to load. It pays to install these drivers correctly. Mine are :slight_smile:

it has nothing to do with whether or not the ide drivers are installed “correctly” (u either choose yes to install them or no to not install them); it’s just that the drivers themselves are buggy, and it’s hit and miss as to whether or not they’ll work correctly. the ide drivers included in 3.13 seem to be better, but ppl are still reporting problems, as seen in this thread. i’m not having any problems with them myself, but i’m sure it’s not EVERYONE’S own fault that they’re having problems. i’ll quote someone on page 7 of that thread:

ahhh yes blame the person excuse.

ok say 3/4 of the people installing and haveing probs dont know what there doing this still leaves a huge number of people with problems that they didn’t create.

somehow i dont think the sw ide shutdown/restart hang is the ussers fault or the lower me/ethernet performance is something they created.

lets face it there not perfect.

the ide…much improved alot of the bottle necks removed
mem…bug not fixed with some hardware but his was caught to late and isn’t a biggy (may cause performace drop)
ethernet…they dropped the ball on this one performance drop the 2.45 are much better
sw ide…bit of a mixed bag here for most they boot fast now and work great with one still large bug the shutdown/restart issue is still there for most.
audio…huge mixed bag here they still haven’t gotten it correct, but the fault isn’t total thiers since the motherboard makers can’t seem to fellow spec’s
audio control panel…we likely wont be seeing that tell the 60 set detnator video drivers this has got more to do with getting a a news scoop rather then the software not being done. (beta testers did a great job on it)

there not perfect and not what we were supose to get way back when but its better then nothing and thanks goes to the beta guys for finding most of the problems for us.

Im not sure if they use the same system files to access the DVD drive but I just tried burning some files to the +RW disc with Easy CD Creator 5 and it worked! no error message.

Funny thing though, ECDC sees the disc as multisession even in UDF whilest Nero only allows multi with ISO.

Confused…

UDF by definition isn’t multisession, only ISO is multisession, UDF is just one session but written in packets with updated TOC’s.