NEC 1000A or 1100A?

Just bought what I thought was an NEC 1000A DVDRW but according to the FCC number on the label it’s a 1100A.

…also according to the FCC ID page it supports DVD writing at 4x and also both + and - formats !!!

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/oet/forms/reports/Search_Form.hts?mode=Edit&form=Exhibits&application_id=549173&fcc_id=A3DND-1100A

What gives? And can I flash the 1100 (now called the 1300?) firmware onto it?

Thanks!
Adam

yours is not a 1300 but a 1100 which only burns +4x I have the nec nd1000a want to trade? :stuck_out_tongue:

Slightly off topic but im desperate for info on the ND-1000 Drive.

HAving comatability problems with my Tosh stand alone player and was advised try the DVD+R ditsetting utility to format as DVD-rom before burning. DVD Bitsetter does not seem to work eith this NEC drive.
Have you tried it or have any other compatibility problems or fixes.

Originally posted by noelbrown
[B]Slightly off topic but im desperate for info on the ND-1000 Drive.

HAving comatability problems with my Tosh stand alone player and was advised try the DVD+R ditsetting utility to format as DVD-rom before burning. DVD Bitsetter does not seem to work eith this NEC drive.
Have you tried it or have any other compatibility problems or fixes. [/B]

…all the DVDs I’ve burnt so far are already as DVD_ROM format according to Nero drive speed - I think the NEC 1000A burns in this format by default.

What media have you tried? My Sammy player is pretty fussy and only plays the Ritek stuff flawlessly, my Pioneer has played everything I’ve thrown at it.

A

the version of nero right before this one the one that ends with a b forgot version number has a dvd booktype checkbox, which can set the bitsettings for the nec… which is what I use if i have to give the copy to a friend

Banko: I don’t think the setting really worked, at least not with my ND-1100. Have you verified that it really changed the book type?

I have tried Nero but the book type field option is not acive, i read on other forums this is only eabled when Nero detects a compatible drive so i guess the Nd-100 cant be tweaked.

DVD Ditsetter has not worked either.

I have found that backups made with DVDxcopy play fine on my sd220 stand alone player but no other method works so im trying to find out what dvdxcopy leaves in that others like dvd decrypter remove ???

which nd-1100a (fw 1.0A) burns dvd+r as dvd-rom, it burns dvd+rw as dvd-rw and you cannot change bit setting, which is pretty annoying.

Would be nice if someone would figure it out.

so NEC ND-1100A can write/read DVD +/- R/RW?
need a particular fw to use - standard?

thanks

To clarify -

1000A = 2.4 DVD+R, 2.4 DVD+RW
1100A = 4 DVD+R, 2.4 DVD+RW
1300A = 4x DVD+R, 2.4x DVD+RW, 4x DVD-R, 2x DVD-RW

but a recent news on this site, report the possibility to write -R/RW because the hw is equal to the 1300a

What you read was nothing more than rumors. To date, no one has flashed their 1100A w/ 1300A f/w 'cause the latter drive’s not out yet. So by default, 1100A is a DVD+R/+RW only writer. However, it’s possible that 1100A is capable of doing DVD-R/-RW too w/ 1300A f/w, but that is still a big question mark until anybody can get their hands on the 1300A f/w and flash a 1100A w/ it.

Damn, if I bought my 1100A today, I would’ve saved $4…:eek:

please in words even I can understand :wink:

Have a 1100A, so it’s not possible to get it to burn dvd+r AND dvd-r in anyway ?

Plz explaine to an Amateur :slight_smile:

My NEC for osme reason supports bitsetting

Upon selecting the relevant option in Nero and burning a video onto a DVD+R I checked it and lo and behold, it’s book type comes up as DVD-ROm

Indeed the ultimate check is the fact it runs on my older DVD player that will refuse ANY media tht isn’t DVD-ROM

(Sony DVD recorder [stnadalone consumer model we’re NOT talking PC drive!] doesn’t changet eh book type and all the DVD+R discs I’ve tried to play refuse to. They are on Maxell 4x. THe NEC burned ones DO run becuase the book type was successfully changed.)

I’m wary of flashing my drive with a ‘up to date’ version, and since other people with 1.A0 firmware can’t I’m not even sre I can take advantage of autoreset RPC2 firmware! It might ‘downgrade’ me!