Ne Beta AnyDVD 5.2.3.1

vbimport

I can not believe they updated two days after their last update. Afterdawn has a new version already. I read the changling and it doesnt seem as though they did anything.

There are always new updates. I’m guessing it wasn’t a Major update since Slysoft doesn’t update their site with every minor version. Don’t get mad because another site wants attract people because they grab the latest versions.

There are always new updates. I’m guessing it wasn’t a Major update since Slysoft doesn’t update their site with every minor version

That’s rather un-professional don’t you think minor release or not people shouldn’t have to go to some 3rd party sight to get the latest version. A products home page should always be kept up to date with the latest version PERIOD !!

my other reservation about this company is the inability of paying customers to retrieve lost keys

“we cannot replace your license key, if you have lost it!”

The only way to get a new one is in an exceptional case but my question is what constitutes an exceptional case.

Personally I think “it’s an enormous effort for us to make a new one” is just an excuse, if its not and it really does take that much effort to make new keys they need a new registration system

my other problem here is that I see a lot of people having issues getting there programs reg’ed now I don’t know if this is because there is an issue with the registration system or if it’s just that they have been sold bad keys but either way this is a serious problem that needs resolving in an expedient and timely fashion

now maybe I’ve just gotten the wrong end of the stick here but from what I have seen so far I’m not impressed and this company hasn’t made a very good first impression IMO they have a lot of issues to work on maybe once they clean up there act a bit all be back and i’ll consider buying there apps but for now I’m giving it a miss

I believe this version was not intended for the general public. It is not the fault of SlySoft, if newspages jump on every new pre-release version. The program has an automatic update notification which will notify you of important updates.

I believe they do. They just want to encourage you not to lose it in the first place.

Which are?

I believe this version was not intended for the general public. It is not the fault of SlySoft, if newspages jump on every new pre-release version. The program has an automatic update notification which will notify you of important updates.

Really and how pry tell do they get a hold of a pre-release versions not meant for the public release ??? that id say is SlySoft fault

I believe they do. They just want to encourage you not to lose it in the first place.

not the impression I got from the faq me thinks a small rewrite is in order

Which are?

1. Some documentation with the apps would be nice an (instruction manual/guide) that tells people how to use these things correctly maybe there is documentation available and I just missed it I don’t know if there is then it should be made a little easer to find

2. may want to a section on the home page where people can provide feed back and get answers if there having problems (Customers and people just trying out the apps) in my case my problem is that the jump to main menu and remove ads and trailers don’t work. Now I don’t know if this is an issue with the program or if I’m just doing something wrong and I wont know coz there isn’t any documentation that i can find

3. improved retrieval of user keys should they loose them because even the most careful person can run in to problems sometimes because I have a floppy with all my keys for my different apps but a few months a got the disk got messed up and I lost all my keys so I had to get them back again fortunately that wasn’t a problem all I had to do was to log in to my account on there web page and re-download my keys no fuss no mess no need to bother support

I could go on but ill leave it there for now.

@ Bethrezen,

You have the right to express your option but I urge you to thoroughly review the AnyDVD and CloneDVD Forums and a look at all the support that SlySoft provides to their customer before you post negative comments about their product and how they conduct business.

The SlySoft folks bend over backwards to provide support to their customers. They actively improve their product and strive to provide the best product they can to their customers.

I suggest the next time you have a problem with your Windows operating system to contact Microsoft and ask them for support and see what happens.

I have to ask what is so difficult and complicated about placing your Registration Key on a floppy disk and storing it in a safe place as requested by SlySoft. If you think that SlySoft is asking you too much to safe guard your Registration Key then you might consider not purchasing their product.

I for one believe SlySoft is an excellent company and have no problems with how they conduct their business.

Considering that DVD Decrypter is now no longer available and update development has ceased I would think very long and hard before I engaged in perusing negative conversation about SlySoft products and their policies.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I agree you bjkg.
Thats my opinion too.
Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes have a very good support.

bjkg, did you mean DVD Shrink instead of DVD Decrypter? I thought decrypter was still being updated?

yes dvd decrypter will updated very quickly
dvdshrink was updated last year

On the question of support I have been amazed at Slysoft - I posted a question on here on Saturday afternoon in relation to a problem backing up the UK version of Closer - a couple of hours later they posted the ‘beta’ version for me to try it out. Unfortunetly it didn’t work…

On the question of instruction manuals - I now own all 3 Slysoft products - and I really can’t see why you would need a manual - there is very little to change anyway. If I did have a problem I would post it here - and no doubt get the same promt reply.

Again, with the registration keys - I downloaded them when I completed my purchase and also recieved an email containing them. First thing I done was burnt a CD that contained all the software and the keys - seems fairly easy and secure to me - that way if I do have to format my hard drive (which always happens at 2am) I have all the info I need to reinstall the software and don’t have to worry about waiting on email requests to be processed.

I do have to say, that with all the online companies I have bought software from, Slysoft do seem to be one of the better ones!!

p.s. and no, I am not on comission for selling it!!

DVD Decrypter will no longer be updated. It’s gone.

oh oh oh i am very depressed but i look forward, i have anydvd and clonedvd that’s all what i need

Says you. They don’t have any reason to update their site, ever. You already paid your money for one product. Does Windex have to update their site and offer their customers a free bottle of the latest formula? No.

The update site is a place where Slysoft can put the newest version to release to some people. Likely, for testing purposes. This way if it’s an open door they can have anyone test without the need for passwords. If a site like Afterdawn grabs that update and posts it, then even more people can test it.

Questions comes to mind- Do you need documentation on how to open your new car’s door? Do you need documentation on how to double-click?

Documentation is great, I like to read through it every once in a while. But, no one reads documentation. If they do, they don’t know what they are reading until they use it and even by then they’ve forgotten it was in the manual.

AnyDVD just sits there, you don’t need any documentation.
I will say that I think there should be a link to this forum on their website.

:o

Nicety that every company has the option to do. Would customers like that option? Yes. Would Slysoft go out of business if they don’t have it? No.

If you buy a house, do you make a spare key? You got upset because they said on a website that they won’t retrieve it?

I’m on a helpdesk, and I see a lot of users getting frustrated because they don’t take the time to learn anything outside the scope of their job. Read this forum, it’s the best way to learn the program. Unfortunatly backing up DVD’s has become just like cracking software or hacking stuff= You need to stay up to date to stay in it, because “the man” is changing things to prevent you from getting what you want.

What wrong end of the stick, you never bought the software and your bitching, I suggest you use a software that is more to your liking.

If you don’t like it, no one will make you use it. Your choice.

Yes, you might have done that. Not probably, but definitely.

off topic question here for alex thyl, why does it say deleted under your name on your posts?

It is a so called customized title. The copyright holder is Da_Taxman.