NDS Bitrate

[I]I’ve been using DVDFab for several years. Mostly to encode my DVDs to xvid avi’s for media server. I’ve also used the program to create mp4’s for my wife’s iPod. My kids got Nintendo DS’s for Christmas. Yesterday, I got a SuperCard DSONE for each of them so they can watch videos on the NDS. I ripped 2 movies yesterday with DVDFab to play in the NDS (taking the NDS option under Mobile). The video converted fine, but the playback in very choppy. The audio is fine (had to up it to 150% to get decent sound out), but the video is very choppy (unwatchable). I just started another encode with the bitrate brought down from 368 fps to 200 fps. Is this the correct way to attack this issue or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks[/I]

I tried bring the bitrate down. The video is still very choppy for the first 10 minutes, but then stablizes. I am going to try bring down the fps and see if that helps.

I tried changing the bitrate to 200 and the fps to 12. Now the video is less choppy, but there is noticable gliches in the video. I know it’s not going to be perfect, but I was wondering what settings others are using. Is anyone out there using this program to create NDS compatible videos? What settings are you using?