ND-7550A Firmware upgrade problems

vbimport

Binflash still doesn’t seem to work for my ND-7550A Firmware revision K072. I tried upgrading to Liggy’s K072_RPC1 version, but NecWinflash 1.37 is still saying that my writer is not supported and when I try to flash Firmware 1.AE from Liggy’s site I get the message about trying to flash a master drive with a slave firmware followed by a messagebox claiming that drive ID is a9 and the firmware ID is 8f. I’ve tried the whole procedure with the drive in my Dell D600, attached to a desktop computer with nforce2 chipset and another desktop with via km266 chipset, getting the same results on all of them. Any ideas what else I could do (tried Save Mode already), or am I stuck with my RPC2 drive.

Right now I guess I cannot make it work on your hardware. Some command seem to be not working. It might work with a different operating system, but I cannot even guarantee that.

Flashing the drive in a different laptop could work though.

I have a 7550 drive in acer tm290 and had no problems flashing 1.AE firmware with new binflash. I had the same message that you have with “1.AE” but with “K072”.

Thanks for your confirmation that the change in Binflash 1.37 fixed this problem at least for some users.

i have the same problem.but mine get worse afterbootflashing my nec 7550a my cd/dvd drive was uninstall and led light keep on blinking do you thik what is the best solution on this problem? fix or replace?

If you manage to fix it by using a slimline IDE adapter or using a laptop that recognizes your drive, then I’d go for fixing. But if you cannot do that, you’ll probably have to replace your drive.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2527703]If you manage to fix it by using a slimline IDE adapter or using a laptop that recognizes your drive, then I’d go for fixing. But if you cannot do that, you’ll probably have to replace your drive.[/QUOTE]

thank you very much boss Liggy.ill go to replacing it …less headache…what can you advice for a replacement of
nec nd7550a?