ND-4551A newest firmware?

Hi all,
I’m wanting to flash my 4551A drive with new firmware to try and get a load of Aeon Dual Layer DVDs to burn. Currently have version 1-85 - im guessing that version 1-08 (which is what is on the NEC website) is older and version 1-09 is the latest version (thats on Liggys website)?

cheers all,
-BB

p.s - did have a quick search but couldn’t find anything that resembles a changelog

[QUOTE=BlueBallz;1934480]Hi all,
I’m wanting to flash my 4551A drive with new firmware to try [B]and get a load of Aeon Dual Layer DVDs to burn[/B]. Currently have version 1-85 - im guessing that version 1-08 (which is what is on the NEC website) is older and version 1-09 is the latest version (thats on Liggys website)?

cheers all,
-BB

p.s - did have a quick search but couldn’t find anything that resembles a changelog[/QUOTE]

I would start with ONE disc of questionable reliability…
What MID does they have?

[QUOTE=BlueBallz;1934480]Hi all,
I’m wanting to flash my 4551A drive with new firmware to try and get a load of Aeon Dual Layer DVDs to burn. Currently have version 1-85 - im guessing that version 1-08 (which is what is on the NEC website) is older and version 1-09 is the latest version (thats on Liggys website)?

cheers all,
-BB

p.s - did have a quick search but couldn’t find anything that resembles a changelog[/QUOTE]

You’re halfway there already by checking Liggy & Dee’s site.

Click on the ‘overview on the used writing strategies’ link at the very bottom of the firmwares page and you’ll get all the detail relating to each one.

Not all recent firmwares have all the most up to date strategies for each type of disc though.

To cut a long story short 1-09 is probably the best for your purposes but have a look anyway and you’ll see what I mean.

Latest strategies are highlighted in yellow.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]