ND-3550A issues

vbimport

I have been having problems recently with this drive. I updated firmware from original 1.5 to 1.6 and now its worse.

My brother just burned one with his Pioneer (dont know model#) using the same Memorex DVD+R DL media I have made 6 consecutive coasters out of and I popped it in my drive and AnyDVD gave me this error.

WARNING!

Failed to read DVD!

This could have several reasons:

• DVD Media is dirty, you can try to clean it.
    • DVD Media is damaged, you have to replace it.
    • Your drive is a region locked RPC2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and you try to read a DVD from a different region. Know drives having this problem are RICOH/PHILIPS DVD Writers and Matshita/Panasonic DVD readers and writers.
    • Your drive is an RPC2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. Try to assign one, or try to find a RPC1 patched firmware at htt[://www.rpc1.com

Should I buy another drive and forget about this one, It is weird because for a couple of months I have been using it with the same Memorex media and some Genric media fine. It all started when I picked up this 50 pack of Memorex DVD+R DL media. What to do?

Thanks

lose the memorex the media is the worse i have ever run across i had a simular experience please try sony fuji or verbatim ps why dual layer discs pretty expensive compared to s ingle layer ?

@ calinsandiego,

I seriously doubt that your NEC ND-3550A DVD Burner is failing.

Suggest visiting the Liggy & Dee Web Site (http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/) and get their NEC ND-3550 Region Free (RPC1) and Bitsetting v1.06 Firmware (106bt-rpc1). This will correct any Region Code issue that you might be experiencing. Also suggest visiting the CD Freaks NEC Burner Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86) for any information concerning the NEC ND-3550 DVD Burner issues.

In your 1ClickDVDCopy Forum posting titled “Write Error, Anyonehelp?” I have explained in great detail that the poor quality blank DVD Media you are using is the route cause of your problem. Do yourself a favor throw the crappy Memorex and Frys Generic media in the trash compactor and acquire known proven high quality blank DVD Media.

Once again suggest visiting the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) and do some research on Memorex Media and you will find that Memorex Media is absolutely undesirable DVD Media and should be avoided.

Once again acquire some known proven high quality blank DVD Media and your problems should be corrected. Also once again Verbatim DL Media is the preferred DL Media.

Perchance why have you started another Forum posting thread concerning your problems with your NEC ND-3550 DVD burner when you already have an open active posting (Write Error, Anyonehelp?) concerning the same issues? The CD Freak Forum has a “No Double Posting” policy. Now you have two active Forum posting concerning the same issue.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I apologize for the double post, you are right, maybe the admin can merge the two. Thanks for all your help.