DVD-RW Version: 1.09i
DVD+R Version: 1.05
DVD+RW Version: 1.09
DVD+R9 Version: 1.02
DVD-R9 Version: 1.03g

RipLock Not Removed
RPC-2 (Region Locked)

http://support.necsam.com/oem/downloads/flashfirmware/fw/NECND352_v305.exe

Now we have to wait untill Liggy releases the RPC1/Riplock remove version :slight_smile:

I just happen to be looking on the NEC Wesbite and noticed a new firmware update posted…I think today. It states it is version 3.05.

Anyone tried it?? Anyone know what is updated??

Link: http://support.necsam.com/oem/downloads/flashfirmware/

There is RPC1 and Riplock removed firmware on http://happy.happy.nu/dvd-rw/3520/

_NEC DVD_RW ND-3520AW
3.05 06.06.2005 00

CD-R Version: 1.01
CD-RW Version: 1.02
DVD-R Version: 1.03
DVD-RW Version: 1.09i
DVD+R Version: 1.05
DVD+RW Version: 1.09
DVD+R9 Version: 1.02
DVD-R9 Version: 1.03g

RipLock Removed
RPC-1 (Region Free)

I wish bitsetting firmware…

Thanks for the heads up.:slight_smile:

Whose firmware is this, I never heard of this site. It has no information.

G’day all,

It seems that NEC have improved the media support with DVD-R and DVD+R media with this firmware update. NECDump reports extra MIDs and in some cases higher possible write speeds.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Of course higher doesn’t always equal better. My ND-3520a burns TYG02 at 12x, but has a more difficult time reading the 2nd half of the disc as opposed to if I burn at 8x. The proof is in the scans and benchmark tests to read back the burned DVD.

3.04 allows ProdiscR03 to be burnt at 12X which creates high PIF’s on the section written above 8X. I would like to see if this has been improved. MCC003@12X would also be nice if the quality is not affected.

Does 3.05 have bitsetting by any chance?

Your wish was already granted. There already is a ND3520 3.05 Bitsetting firmware available.

Thanks Liggy!

Yup, Liggy you da’ monkey!

Should we use binflash,because i haven’t flashed firmwares like that?

I ventured but a problem came forward ->
Could you make the firmware autoupdate like the others,please?

P.S.I did it people but used the GUI version.Now everything is OK,thanks Liggy.

Faster than light!

The firmwares were even finished quite some time before I could release them. Just check the timestamps of the files in the .zip

It sounds like you simply did copy and paste from the instructions on the Binflash page. But it is clearly mentioned, that you should use the device name from calling the -scan function - which probably is NOT 1.0.0 in your case.

Thanks Liggy. What would we do without you? :wink:

@Dee-27. Got a question for you, I was looking in Nec Dump and found YUDEN000 T02 listed twice but with revisions 0 and 1. What is the difference or why is it listed twice? Sorry if it’s a stupid question, just my inquiring mind.:slight_smile:

Here’s the result form a brand new recording with 3.05 Ligy Firmware,it was pretty nice until the end :(,what the hell happened?

@RaHzElChO,

In the future cover the label name. It now seems you are copying a non legal DVD :cop:
At amazon.com: DVD Release Date: August 16, 2005