ND-3500A new supported media list question

Found this list and it have to many new brands, is this really recomended media or media that supported with new firmware?

Also old recomended media list says:
Ultra Speed CD-RW
Mitsubishi Chemical - Verbatim 8x-32x
Mitsubishi Chemical - Verbatim 8x-24x

I looked at Verbatim homepage there is no 8-24x or 8-32x disks or what they mean by this speeds?

And this means 32x media can only be written at 32x or its somne marketing crap?

And this means 32x media can only be written at 32x or its somne marketing crap?
8x-32x CD-RW media can be written in drives that support writing to 8x-32x CD-RW media (like NEC 3500A, LG 4120B, Plextor 712, but NOT LG 4040B or Plextor 708, although all those drives have 24x CD-RW max speed).

So yes, it is marketing crap, but in this case with non-malicous intentions: This is probably supposed to avoid that ppl with old 24x CD-RW drives or with even older 10x CD-RW drives buy 8x-32x CD-RWs and then wonder why it doesn’t work.

Damn its hard to understand this…
What is lowest speed of high speed cd-rw’s according to specification?
Also where who written this specification about high speed ultra speed cd-rw’s and where i can find it thanks.

What is lowest speed of high speed cd-rw’s according to specification?
4x, but the drive must be able to write to HighSpeed CD-RWs. Most 4x CD-RW drives are not able to write to HighSpeed CD-RWs (exception: Pioneer DVR-A04, Mitsumi 4805)

Also where who written this specification about high speed ultra speed cd-rw’s and where i can find it thanks.
IIRC in the “orange book” for a lot of $$$