ND-3500A Big problems, Help

vbimport

I have a few questions:

1. I have an NEC ND-3500A, or so it says on the manufactures label. The drive identifies itself as an ND-3500AG. I’m wondering if this is normal or not.
  2. After a few months of burning CDs and DVDs with no problem, I turned on my computer and the drive tray pops out. It won’t close. There is no way I could get it to close. When I press the button, It does nothing. When I push on the door, it forces back. Also, I only just noticed when I right click on the drive in My Computer, there is a ‘Load’ open, wich seems to do nothing. Is there a way to fix this, because I can’t use my drive anymore.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Try unplugging your IDE cable and see if it still does it. Leave the power connected, this will verify if it’s a problem with the drive itself or not. I doubt the computer is making the drive open when it fires up, but it could be. Usually, that happens when somebody pulls the drawer open without using the pin hole, and makes the gear skip. This can be fixed, but you have to pop the top off the drive, and set the whole mechanism to the closed position, including the part that actuates the switch. What happened is the switch isn’t sensing whether the drive is open or closed, so the motor sits there and tries to open the drive even though it is. So, it’s probably the tray switch, or the mechanism that goes to it is messed up from somebody prying the tray out :doh: . I dunno though, it might be some sort of electronic malfunction though, in which case, it’s time to replace the drive. :sad:

Thanks, I tried playing with the internals of the drive, nothing. So, I guess I’m gonna buy a new one.