ND-2500A: Tw different versions of fw 1.06?

Originally posted by niki_wind
[B]Thanks pdu,

Now I see it:)

If I understand correctly. I have to boot comp. from DOS floppy and then stars the DOS flasher.
Am I right?

Thanks [/B]
Yes, you are right. Extract the ZIP file to a non-NTFS partition, boot from a DOS disk, change directory to the location of the extracted files and run the NEC2X00A.EXE file to upload the firmware. For usage help/syntax just enter NEC2x00A.EXE <ENTER> at the command prompt. If your NEC drive is connected to the secondary IDE port as Master you would use something like

NEC2X00A -sec -mas -flash FILENAME.BIN

Windows flashers are now available from the TDB site. Use them if you prefer to stay in Windows.

Originally posted by happyperoil
a question
if i flash the alternative firmware, can i reflash the original one to restore the factory status? is it possible?

Yes, this is possible - at least using the DOS versions from my signature.

Originally posted by DMagic1
Yes those are the first(good) versions.
Yes, sorry for the confusion. Updated my signature to reflect this.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi ppl

I received today my nec 2500 replacement.

I don’t know how to do to discover what firmware version do i have.

The only thing that says me something appears in DVDinfopro

Extra Info 03121900

Do you think that this means that i have the right version?

The 1.062003121900.

Because we have 1.06 plus the extra info 03121900. It only laks the 20.

Let me know, thankx

Phooey i say on the earlier 1.06 firmware, makes my new 2500 start buring 40 seconds later, went back to the later, no problems, maybe if your drive was built before 2004 it might work great for you but me noway, i’m not waiting 1 min to start burning, seems like a -R times to me

Could you tell me how I can read the firmware wersion?

Thanks

Yes, i have same question. How can i check if the my 1.06 version is older 1.062003121900 or new 1.0620040108 ?
Is it possible with Dvdinfopro how werky write?
Thanks

Originally posted by JJRJRM143
[B]Anyways I’m trying to use the Dos one from pdu’s sig and I run the .exe and nada just goes back to A:\

Any ideas?? [/B]
The Dos flasher BETA has expired get newone from http://www.firmware-flash.com/~tdb/

Can anybody tell me how to use this flasher?

There isn’t a readme or someting similar

I would love to get a small firmware update for my MAM-E DVD-r media. A friend of mine bought 250 of em and they only record at 2x (I got the NEC-2500 as well) and you will understand that sucks :wink:

Originally posted by werky
[B]Hi ppl

I received today my nec 2500 replacement.

I don’t know how to do to discover what firmware version do i have.

The only thing that says me something appears in DVDinfopro

Extra Info 03121900

Do you think that this means that i have the right version?

The 1.062003121900.

Because we have 1.06 plus the extra info 03121900. It only laks the 20.

Let me know, thankx [/B]
This is the “real” 1.06 version - not the new “1.08” version. So you should be fine :slight_smile:

Hi,

I got my drive a few days ago, and am currently using the firmware from the TDB website (region free and rip speed unlocked using the windows flasher). This is one of the first things i did so i dont have any results prior to the firmware update. Currently im experiencing less than spectacular results with Ritek G04 media. Read: Princo’s turn out better quality than the Riteks??? :frowning:

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing, or did i just get a dodgy batch of dvd’s ?

Thanks.

I personally am getting good results from this combination of drive and media. Media is Datasafe 4X J3-7L19311046562C19

Originally posted by vazzy
[B]Hi,

I got my drive a few days ago, and am currently using the firmware from the TDB website (region free and rip speed unlocked using the windows flasher). This is one of the first things i did so i dont have any results prior to the firmware update. Currently im experiencing less than spectacular results with Ritek G04 media. Read: Princo’s turn out better quality than the Riteks??? :frowning:

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing, or did i just get a dodgy batch of dvd’s ?

Thanks. [/B]

There is another topic addressing these Ritek issues.

I’ve just received my NEC ND-2500A drive, and i’ve tried both patched firmware off TDB (with windows flash utility), and the one posted by pdc (V106RPC1.rar), but what exactly does the speed unlock do?
I’ve tested the drive using a Bought DVD (Two Towers SE), and it will still only read the cd at a maximum of 2x speed. I thought the drive was meant to read DVD-ROM’s at 12x speed.

Am i doing something wrong?

Originally posted by DMagic1
There is another topic addressing these Ritek issues.

You got a nice collection. :wink:

Sony DRU-500A
Plextor PX-708A
Lite-On LDW-811S
NEC ND-2500A
Benq DW800A

Four 8x and one 4x.

Yea, I actually sold the Plextor.

Originally posted by dg1qkt
[B]Can anybody tell me how to use this flasher?

There isn’t a readme or someting similar [/B]
This has already been explained on page 1 of this thread :slight_smile:

Me again.

I’m still having trouble with the NEC ND-2500A. I’ve benchmarked the read speed using Nero CD-DVD Speed, and it will only read at 2x speed (DVD-Video, and Data DVD’s). It also takes me 45 mins to burn a DVD, using two different types of 4x speed media, which implies 1.5x speed writing. I’ve tried a few firmware upgrades, and nothing makes a difference. I’ve enabled DMA on the drive to see if that makes a difference, and still no luck. The only thing left I can think of is my pc spec. Maybe my Bus speed or the hard drive are too slow. I’ve tried two models of DVD Writers in the matter of three weeks, and have the same problem with both.

Any ideas anyone?

Is DMA enabled ?

On XP/2000 you set them in the relevant Primary or Secondary Channel In IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers in Device Manager (should be Ultra DMA mode 2)

95/98/Me Enabled in the DVD writer’s device properties (tick box labelled DMA).

NT - Depends on Drivers.

What hardware and OS do you have?