ND-1100A Power Calibration Errors

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I didn’t find anything useful when I searched the forum, but I certainly could have missed something. Feel free to post links to any previous topics that might be useful to me.

I’m having problems when burning CD images with my NEC ND-1100A drive. The burn process halts at 5% with a Power Calibration Error. I’ve tried burning with Nero 6.3.1.25, Roxio Easy CD Creator, and Ultra ISO and get the exact same problem with all of them. I also installed the latest firmware from Dell’s site (as the flash application from NEC’s site did not recognize my drive), but that did not change anything. If it makes any difference, I’m using Fujifilm CD-R’s, which have burned fine with this drive and these programs in the past.

Any suggestions?

OK, update, for some reason I only have this problem when I try to burn at 16X. When I burn at 10X it works just fine.

Any ideas?

Is there anyone actually helpful on this forum, since absolutely nobody has responded?

you know i’m having the exact same problem as you, same drive same problem
burning with nero and it won’t burn at 16x anymore, although it burns at 16 SOMETIMES, read dvd/cd still working fine

I think I might have killed my drive, since I haven’t burnt much stuff and just today I burnt about 5gb worth of files to CD and installed some DVD games

I’ve read that power calibration errors can be the signal that the drive is on it’s deathbed

power calibration errors are generally caused by poor media. It can also be caused by the laser optics not being clean or the output from the laser being down in power.