National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets

vbimport

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets - Region 4 (Australia)

Windows XP Professional SP3

DVDFab Platinum version 5.0.6.0

DVD copies without errors to hard disk, but only as the full disc version with a 60% quality. Burns normally using the internal VSO burning engine.

When I attempt to copy either using the movie only or customise options, the program immediately quits to the desktop.

The original DVD is neither scratched nor dirty, and plays without any problems with all my 3 DVD Players, as well as from the hard drive using player software (Zoom Player Professional 6.00). The full disc copy as well.

Any ideas as to why this should be happening?

Any help with this matter would be much appreciated,

reeman50 :confused:

[QUOTE=reeman50;2099928]National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets - Region 4 (Australia)

Windows XP Professional SP3

DVDFab Platinum version 5.0.6.0

DVD copies without errors to hard disk, but only as the full disc…[B]When I attempt to copy either using the movie only or customise options, the program immediately quits to the desktop.[/B]

The original DVD is neither scratched nor dirty, and plays without any problems[/QUOTE]

please try opening the dvd in full disc mode then select main movie.

please disable dvdfab preview
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsPreview

Update to 5072, there was a problem with some titles doing this (closing to desktop) from 5060.

I had the same thing with Cloverfield, but Fengtao has fixed the problem.:smiley:

Hi reeman50,

Yes, please update to 5.0.7.2 and the problem should be fixed.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanking you all for your quick response. :bow::bow::bow:

I have just downloaded the new version 5.0.7.2, but will probably not be able to try it out with National Treasure 2 until sometime later today. If you do not hear any further from me under this thread, then that means it worked.

Thanking Fengtao for remaining sensitive to the needs of registered users of his excellent software, and in constantly updating it in order to take these into account.

Salutations to everyone,

reeman50 :clap:

Try updating and rebooting.:cool: I was able to back up that disc without any problems.

Yes it worked fine for me once I updated to the new version 5.0.7.2.

At least with my computer’s setup rebooting was not necessary to allow me to now use both the Main Movie and Customise options when copying National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets to the hard drive.

But as I have learnt through painful experience there are so many different possible software and hardware combinations out there on everyone’s computers, that no two are equal and this could be why one person reports that rebooting is either necessary or recommended, while the other gets away without having to do this (most times).

The fact that there are so many unique combinations must be a nightmare for software authors such as Fengtao, and cause bad feelings amongst forum members when one person says that it works on their system so the other person either does not know how to use their own computer, or even worse is making the whole thing up (why you would want to do such a thing, I really don’t know).

Intermittent problems are generally the most difficult to have to deal with, both as a customer and as the software developer. If you cannot duplicate the problem on demand there is often a belief by others that you were seeing things. After a few times even you may begin to question your own sanity in the light of other people’s genuine claims that the software worked for them, so why didn’t it work for you.

Thanks again to everyone for responding to my query. I declare at least this problem to be as of now satisfactorily resolved on my system, as it stands on July 29th, 2008.

reeman50 :cool:

Glad that it worked for you. I guess I’m old school but I’ve always rebooted after installing software.