Nascar Racing 2003 v1.2.0.1

vbimport

Has anybody had trouble with a backup copy of NR2003 (Securom 4.8x) running with the new patch? I previously made a backup using Blindwrite with TwinPeaks and it worked fine, but since I applied the new patch it won’t read anymore. :frowning:

I also tried using RMPS with Alcohol and no go either. Is the patch using a new version of Securom?

Can you find out the exact version of securom on the game? You should be able to use clonyxxl/securom id/others.

According to Protection ID the new Securom version is 4.85.00.0227. The original protection on the CD is 4.84.50.0166

i dont have the game but have that happen when i updated …and the cd didnt work anymore …usually I just reburn the cd again at slower speed …4x and it worked … just my two cents

i am also having problems with nascar 2003 . i just downloaded the patch. did you have any problems connecting to sierra.com for multiplayer racing? i know it does some sort of cd check before it lets u join multiplayer

perhaps the bwa file you used wasn’t perfect enough for the new version of the protection. I would try to reburn it with a perfect bwa if you haven’t already

4.85 has not been seen before afaik.

@robbyg: Are you trying a physical backup, or mounting via some virtual drive? Can you also post your bwa file?

Tried both a physical backup (burned with twinpeaks) that used to work before the patch and also tried Alchohol with RMPS emulation. I also tried mounting the Alchohol image with Daemon Tools 3.33 with RMPS and it didn’t work either.

Not sure how to post the bwa file I used, but I downloaded it from one of the links posted here at CD Freaks.

With twinpeak copy, do you play from burner? If yes, try from cd/dvd reader. I only asked about bwa to check if it was made fine - but if it is downloaded from here, it should be ok.

Was able to play the twinpeak copy from both my CDRW and my DVD Drive. It doesn’t play in either one now.:frowning:

My backup of Nascar 2003 still works after patching to 1.2.0.1.

Copy was made using Blindwrite 4.2.5., still authenticates in around 3 seconds, no problem with mulitplayer or connecting to Seirra.com either.

Copy made using Litey 40125S.

And the Securom version is identified as 4.85.00.0227, as stated earlier…

It is interesting that twinpeak copy doesn’t play.

@Da-Smasha: Are you able to burn a twinpeak copy to cd-rw and test if it works?

Andareed,

I will certainly give the twin peak method a try for you and let you know, however i have never used it before, and can’t seem to find a link to it.

Can you point me in the right direction and i will try it and report the result.

regards

Smasha.

Download alcoholer - there should be many tutorials around that will help you out.

Originally posted by Da-Smasha
I will certainly give the twin peak method a try for you and let you know, however i have never used it before, and can’t seem to find a link to it.

See here or here.

Ok, heres the results of testing Nascar 2003 V 1.2.0.1. using the Twin Peak method (thanks to Philamber for pointing me to his guide, very well written BTW).

Ok, i used CCD 4.2.0.2 to make an image, using default settings. Then made a BWA file using 4.2.5. Blindwrite.

Then used Twinpeak to patch the image with the BWA file.

Then burnt to CDRW at max speed.

Result - CDRW just sat an spun in my Liteon CDRW, would not even recognise the game, let alone try to start it.

To check, i put my back up in that i know works, the one i previously had made with Blindwrite 4.2.5. Now that didn’t work either. Was recognised but wouldn’t start game.

Thought what the heck is going on here.

Then remembered something i discovered a long time ago, and on a hunch uninstalled CCD 4.2.0.2 (which i previously did not have on my system).

My Blindwrite copy now runs fine again.

The Twin Peak copy is now recognised, but, wont start the game. The securom spinning disc image pops up for a second, then closes back to desktop.

Now this is the first time i’ve tried using Twin Peak method, as i seem to be one of the lucky ones with Blindwrite 4.2.5, as it has copied everything i’ve tried on it, including SD 2.9, only thing it hasn’t done is StarForce 3, which i understand simply cant be done at all (yet!).

I think i followed Philambers instructions correctly, so therefore i would conclude by saying that the Twin Peak method didn’t work in this instance.

Further CCD seems to be blacklisted (once again), as with it installed, my Blindwrite 4.2.5 copy would not run either, only when i uninstalled CCD did that work again (I didn’t install virtual drive either, and did not have CCD Tray running when i tried to start the game).

So there you go, over to the experts for more discussion…

I red in a previous thread that lastest 4.84 securom blacklists alcohol virtual drives…
Perharps 4.85 blacklists more things… try removing CCD, alcohol, virtual drives, D-tools and so on…

and for the twinpeak method try using and higher twinsectors step…

it’s crazy that a copy made with blindwriite 4.2.5 works and another build with twinpeak doesn’t …

just for curiosity :wink:

Ok, this time I followed Philamber’s instructions a bit more thoroughly and used lower speeds to burn and write with and…success.

Back up of Nascar 2003 1.2.0.1 made with Twin Peak tool and CCD 4.2.0.2 works in my Liteon burner and el cheapo 52X CD Rom.

Obviously didn’t like burning or reading at higher speeds the first time.

I never had clone ccd, daemon tools or any virtual drive installed before, so must have just been the way i made the image or burnt it.

Anyway, there you go…but i think i’ll stick to BW 4.2.5…best back up proggy i have tried, piece of cake to use and works every time, well for me anyway…

Originally posted by Da-Smasha
[B]Ok, this time I followed Philamber’s instructions a bit more thoroughly and used lower speeds to burn and write with and…success.

Back up of Nascar 2003 1.2.0.1 made with Twin Peak tool and CCD 4.2.0.2 works in my Liteon burner and el cheapo 52X CD Rom.
[/B]

Glad to see it’s working for you now. I must say I was surprised by the result of your first try as I’ve never heard of a Litey flopping with twinpeak previously.

Yeah, may have been a bad bwa file, or too high speed settings…anyway, works a treat now.

Great tutorial, BTW.