Nascar 2003 and patch

vbimport

i burned a copy of a nascar 2003 game using alcohol 120 and twin peaks, and the game worked fine until i did a update on it, and installed a patch you need for online racing. the copy doesn’t work,now.i uninstalled it, then reinstalled without the patch, and the game works ok. does anyone know a way around this patch?i did read around the forums on here, and found some stuff about using blindwrite, which i did at a earlier time, and that copy wouldn’t even work without the patch installed.

Welcome bgrant1,

which patch version did you use? Could scan the .exe file of nascar using ProtectionID and post the SecuROM version here of the unpatched .exe?

thanks for the welcome, i appreciate it! i am trying to get this game to work so i can do some online racing. first off, let me say i’m not too bright on this stuff. been playing around with this for a few days, about to give it up. maybe you could help me out. i was installing the nascar 2003 1.2.0.1 patch as instructed when i install the game. the copy worked fine before i did the install, and you have to have the patch installed for online play. i did a scan with proection idv5.2c, and i hope i scanned the right thing. here are the results:
Scanning -> C:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season\NR2003.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 4541911 (0454DD7h) Bytes
-> File has 56791 (0DDD7h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0447000h
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 4.84.50
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey

• Scan Took : 2.306 Seconds
    this is before the patch has been installed.do you think you could help on this? thanks in advance, brad

I just used my mds file created by alcohol to install and play mine from. the patch is required for online playing…The Sierra servers are all set to that.

I use Daemon tools to laod the image and play, no need for no-cd patch.

good luck

Hi Brad, I wasn’t referring to a no-cd patch which also would be against our forum rules I was talking about Nascar Racing 2003 Season v1.2.0.1 patch/update :wink:
Anyway there’s a fix for that patch which maybe solves your problem if you haven’t used this yet already.