for me napster cause it have more latin music

Napster - everyone knows it by name and plus it isn’t gay! :smiley:

BitTorrent and Usenet :bigsmile:

what is Usenet?

Originally posted by MATA7
what is Usenet?

This .

I prefer XS4All (Dutch ISP) Newszilla. It’s a 3.5 Terabyte newsserver :bow:

This page lists all legal services with a feature comparison.

Maybe this will help.

As for me, both iTunes and Napster are way to expensive.

Allofmp3 looks interesting. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone tried this?

gnutelling you nething :wink:

I’ll have to ride my emule into the sunset on a soul-seeking mission.:wink:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]This .

I prefer XS4All (Dutch ISP) Newszilla. It’s a 3.5 Terabyte newsserver :bow: [/B]

Just checked out the link to usenet Mr. B. Is it true, and what is the selection of media like?

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
Just checked out the link to usenet Mr. B. Is it true, and what is the selection of media like?

Can’t believe there’s anyone who hasn’t heard of usenet! alt.binaries.whatever . Although Mr. B’s news server must be better than mine, mine only downloads 500 messages at a time, which is not enough for large files and I’m not patient enough to wait for reposts.

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
Can’t believe there’s anyone who hasn’t heard of usenet! alt.binaries.whatever

You’ve just found one. :slight_smile:

Hint: That’s me.

Well, for usenet binaries I prefer Forte Agent. For discussing thiings I use Outlook Express Newsreader. Personally, I think when the RIAA is done scaring every one on P2P they will inform the ISP that folks uploading too much will be needing to identify themselves.

I have joined napster and I think it is a good product. Lets you listen to the tracks, has a good selection. I am beta testing BluFilter Gnutella client.

Off topic-Hey cmr2004x I am testing MSN9 as well. :Z Part of my plan to try like hell to get on Longhorn. I just got switched to the Premium Beta which is much more active group. Maybe I will see you on those groups. :slight_smile:

Napster sucks. It uses the M$ WMA format and is of very low audio quality. It is also slow, both the servers and the program. I only use iTunes.

Aviationwiz,

I have not tried iTunes yet. So I am not able to determine which is best. I saw too many horror stories at first. Guess they have updated the software so maybe I will give it a shot eventually just to see what all the fuss is about.

I have no prob with WMA but I do prefer unprotected schemes. iTunes I have heard uses AAC and if you convert to MP3 it degrades. Don’t know haven’t tried.

Unfortunately, It’s not Napster anymore, but it doesn’t suck IMHO I think the GUI was well thought out, required no getting used to. Search , sample, download and pay functions very intuitive. Decent selection.

It also is fast on my POS 800mhz PIII. I can’t say how the Apple server is but I just DL’d a song @ 178 kbps 6 megs 128kbps file. I think 128 kbps WMA sounds better than MP3 at same bitrate. Of course I would rather have 256kbps. Especially for 99cents. This is something that would be nice if we could choose bit rate. Plus, I’m doin’ all the work! :stuck_out_tongue:

I like being able to circumvent CD stores for now and show the labels what I think of their “physical media offerings”. I do plan however on purchasing some of the new enhanced SACD and DVD that are being released. 5.1 surround and Video I think that is the future.

I don’t intend to build a collection of 99 cent lossy stereo recordings. I am just playing around. Or maybe I will hear a song and I don’t want the album.

For 99c, I want to have the thing in APE or FLAC format!