Napster sucks, IRC rulez

vbimport

I just posted the article Napster sucks, IRC rulez….

Submitted by: Gamefreak_cd_copy
Source: http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,35141,00.

Forget Napster; IRC’s the Place

Napster may be the focus of venom…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/342-Napster-sucks-IRC-rulez___.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/342-Napster-sucks-IRC-rulez___.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I still think Napster does a pretty good job, and prefer using it to download music

Well, I liked napster and gnutella, but when reading this, I think I’m going to try mIrc. Is it really that great?

Ah, there may be a couple of years for Wired to discover hotline…
Irc is a place for nerds playing with scripts and stupid bots. Even if you have the best will in the world, you can’t miss all those jerks, especially in dalnet… so let’s stick with nice napster…

IRC place for nerds… well, you must one of the bigest idiots i found today. On IRC you can almost find EVERYONE doing EVERYTHING, but lets stick to the music. You might heard of something called “groups” like RNS, ATM, BPM, APC etc, no? Well they’re the guys releasing ALL the GOOD releases, the pre-release albums, the promo releases and everything else, and where do they hang out? Napster, wrong answer sound guess again, yeah IRC ! On IRC you’ll find thet most of theese groups are putting up ,or their curriers, XDCC bots offering their latest releases. And that’s full albums with the real names, not the renamed ID edited MP3’s you find on Napster. So all the serious ppl spend their time on IRC gettin the new (and old shit) and all the lame ass ppl, who doesn’t know shit about internet uses crappy software like napster.
I don’t have time to write any more right now.

IRC rullleeeeeeezzzz

just great, I spend to many hours on it (i think that of my own ) on my own, and get massive amouts of mp3’s and others stuff thoigh IRC, so NE1 who says Napster is better then IRC even wont get a lill respect from me, only the real IRC groups who release decent mp3’s, warez and so own I respect, they just rule, when you encounter 1 file of an album released by them, it has been gone hanging around on IRC for weeks already and the IDs are still original and not edited like : donwloaded by -=blabla=- visut us @ http://blabla

but the real ones from the groups, oh, an you first have to get in and get to know some ppl on IRC before the fun starts, and that you will only get when you donate too when you’ve done that, it’s heaven just let your mirc open for a day and your HD will be to small to keep up with the files you’re donwing, on the other hand, when you only encounter lame idiots on IRC it sukcs for you and you can’t judge everybody on IRC for that then

Well, I just installed mIRC.

Can somebody give me some good channels? I already have #mp3 and #mp3z.

I don’t understand one part of the story: That DALnet, is this some kind of collection of channels or so? or is it the server where you are on?

Anyway: I agree with redneck and vampire-x; My first look was very decent, and it DOES work great!

oh…and can somebody explain me why I don’t see any users in #warezcds ?

Okay, I know the original argument was about how much napster bit irc’s ass, but leave Gnutella out of this, I’m sorry but irc might have a lot, but you can’t get it all just when you want it, you have to hang out in some godforsaken channel while you wait in queue to get some movie or the like with the chances being that either the bot giving you the movie or you yourself are going to ping out right when it’s finally your turn. Especially on Dalnet, that thing gets more unstable every day. So yes, I agree you can find a lot on irc, you can also find one hell of a lot on www.oth.net, and now Gnutella, so I use irc as last ditch effort.

Okay, I know the original argument was about how much napster bit irc’s ass, but leave Gnutella out of this, I’m sorry but irc might have a lot, but you can’t get it all just when you want it, you have to hang out in some godforsaken channel while you wait in queue to get some movie or the like with the chances being that either the bot giving you the movie or you yourself are going to ping out right when it’s finally your turn. Especially on Dalnet, that thing gets more unstable every day. So yes, I agree you can find a lot on irc, you can also find one hell of a lot on www.oth.net, and now Gnutella, so I use irc as last ditch effort.

crzayperfectdevil, depends of who you already known in IRC, when you know ppl with lots of warez who are at the source of it, they send it right away, they just kick some of their bot or ftp so you got a nice speed, but as i sais before, you have to known right persons

fore that other question bout dalnet collection of srvers and so,here it is:
DALnat is a network of servers connected over the world, when you log on onto one of the DALnet server you are able to speak to NE1 on all the other servers connected to DALnet, and reason for empty #warezcds = we do not stay at DALner but at IRCnet (an other IRC network), so the complete freaks are at IRCnet !! keep that in mind

The point is that on irc you have to know which chan/op/bot/person, and even then you have to put up with stupid kids playing with scripts and takeovers, ops who ban for fun and the list goes on…
With napster, you don’t have to worry about the possibility of meeting such idiocy.
If you like it another way, napster keeps interaction between humans to a minimum .

Glad I posted this news here… Great Discussion!

IRC seems like a good way to get loads of MP3’s, but I hate this having to suck up to people part…sorry, I just wanna click and go…so napster, gnutella and cuteMX rule for me…napster has 58 servers I can search through and the search limit is actually 250 titles…it’s not bad and it’s getting better

Man IRC sucks…Napster is way better. to make a request in IRC you have to have “pals” that will respond else you get ignored as a lamer. In Napster just do a search, choose the one that looks good and off you go. simple.

Let’s end this up

you can use IRC and napster together you know

I use napster too, and hang out on IRC meanwhile, and I dont say napster sucks and IRC DOESNT suck either (Amigo, as I said first impresion counts, I almost never had any trouble with stupic kids trying takeovers and so, just secure you’re channel and when it is know it is securde ppl will act normaly)
So, use it both, togethet with much other things too, Gnutella, ICQ, …