Napster songs and playing on other computers

hi i was wondering if theres a way to get rid of the keys in there songs were u can play them freely on other computers w/o needing the napster program to play them?

Yes, a couple options. I like Tunebite personally.

Tunebite is a nice program and there is even an update posted in the news on the main page today. The program now supports audio books! :cool:

I am at a loss to understand why the only recommended recorder is Tunebite. There are many freeware apps that record whatever’s playing through your soundcard that can ouptut wav, mp3, ogg, ape, etc in numerous bitrate combinations. I’ve been reading through the various threads and I felt compelled to register and spread the word that you don’t have to spend $17.90 to accomplish what Tunebite does. I use <a href=“http://www.mp3mymp3.com/mp3_my_mp3_recorder.html”>MyMP3Recorder</a> and <a href=“http://www.snapfiles.com/php/download.php?id=102158&a=1000&tag=782806&loc=1”>Messer</a> and there are several other freeware programs available as well.

Well, I for one am glad you registered. Checking those links. Thank you and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

You might want to read the reviews of My MP3 recorder before you recommend or try it . . . linky

For whatever they’re worth . . . :wink:

When I first tried MyMP3Recorder it would only record in mono. I wrote to the author who responded the same day with suggestions that resulted in a fix. The author’s attention is the primary reason I recommend it. Maybe it doesn’t work for everyone, but there are other choices, too.

Tunebite and MuvAudio are by far the best option IMO, but I’m always open to new ideas. I recently tried Replay Music and it’s not half bad. The cool thing with it is how it records streaming audio and even tags the songs if available.

:bigsmile:

For one TuneBite allows recording from WMP @ 4x. Talk about a time saver. Also after using Replay Music for a long time it gets really frustrating when CCDB can’t pass the tag through and you have to tag it yourself. With Tunebite, the file names are passed through.

When was the last time you successfully used Replay Music? It worked fine for me before the end of the year and the last couple of times I tried to use it it wouldn’t work. Got stuck “checking connection” or something.

And you’re right, it’s very annoying when only 1 tag in 10 is grabbed.